Do we need EUROS

james j feller

Can you just imagine American cashiers dealing with the euro? Most can't figure out how to give change in dollars:eek:

But try giving them a Canadian penny, nickel, dime or quarter. They will not take them. What we found when the Canadian dollar was much lower than the US dollar that our quarters worked in the parking meters in California, so we used our Canadian quarters and saved a few pennies. Also, we never seemed to have US quarters when we needed the.:D

• 2 weeks later...

I have also gone to AAA's website and they have a FX service for many currencies which we used when we went to Scandinavia and Russia. We needed some cash in multiple currencies for each country. The service was wonderful. I ordered it and it was at my front door in a day or two.

You can mix and match currencies -- and as long as you get over $300 in currency the fees are minimal and they had a pretty good exchange rate at that time. As others mentioned, if you need more than just for a day on the cruise -- get it from the ATM.

I always keep my leftover foreign currency as a souvenir and the hope that I may return again --and now I am booked for 2012 -- I hope they don't change the currency before I get there...:p

Happy Sailing!!!

Archived