Nassau Blue Lagoon excursion

lilapples

Has anyone sailed the Thurs- Sunday Nassau cruise on the Sensation and did the Blue Lagoon as an excrsion? The itenerary says we port at 12 and their boat to their island leaves at 1:30.....do we have time to hale a taxi to get to the peir for their 1:30 boat?

No problem getting a taxi quickly, there are lots of them lined up & waiting and a port employee who flags them down for you. It didn't take long for us to get there either, it is a short taxi ride.

The main thing that could cause a hang up is if the ship is late getting in. Are you booking the tour independently? If it is through the ship of course you don't need to worry about timing. I booked the excursion directly through Blue Lagoon. I got on the boat to Blue Lagoon & payed for the dolphin encounter once I got there. There were many cruise ships in port that day but even the supposedly most popular activity, the dolphin swim, had plenty of room for more & didn't sell out. I did the dolphin encounter and they were really trying to sell the upgrade to the dolphin swim.

Not sure of the time as we were there for 7 a.m. Here are a few pictures to enjoy!

Did you book through Carninval? We will be there in July and debating whether to book through them or just go on our own. I know it's more expensive through Carnival but like the guarantee of not missing the boat :D

And beautiful pictures by the way....makes me feel better about decision to go there, exactly what we are looking for.

Has anyone sailed the Thurs- Sunday Nassau cruise on the Sensation and did the Blue Lagoon as an excrsion? The itenerary says we port at 12 and their boat to their island leaves at 1:30.....do we have time to hale a taxi to get to the peir for their 1:30 boat?

I've done both the dolphin swim and beach break at Blue Lagoon. Both are excellent. The swim was amazing and the beach area is really nice with food and a bar.

If you booked through Carnival you will meet your guide right at the gangway on the pier and then it is a short walk to where you will get on the boat.

Not sure about how it works booking independently but i assume you meet your boat at the same area as all the others.

thanks all......Thank you for sharing the pics KBilliot looks beautiful. I'm thinking of booking independently as it's cheaper, but I have a question about booking through Carnival. It sounds like if if you book through Carnival you take a seperate boat ride over to Blue lagoon, not the boat operated by Blue Lagoon?

. I booked the excursion directly through Blue Lagoon. I got on the boat to Blue Lagoon & payed for the dolphin encounter once I got there.. I did the dolphin encounter and they were really trying to sell the upgrade to the dolphin swim.

Do you recall what the pricewas for both the encounter and the swim when you paid upon arrival??

If you dont mind me asking, of course...

Do you recall what the pricewas for both the encounter and the swim when you paid upon arrival??

If you dont mind me asking, of course...

I don't mind you asking at all, but it was december of 09 and too much water under the bridge for me to be sure. I booked the encounter, & all I recall is it was lots cheaper than the cruise ship but still felt like a lot of money. I'm sure the best thing to do would be just go to the Blue Lagoon site & see what they are charging. Prices could have changed anyhow.

At the time my friend booked her dolphin swim, they were offering a 10% discount for booking online. They gave me the discount too, even though I just showed up & booked at their ticket booth.

I just did the blue lagoon dolphin encounter back in Feb. 2011...it was 99 bucks a person and NO carnival did not offer it. They got a thing with Atlantis. I booked it on my own. We got to port at noon the day of port. Plenty of taxi's waiting at the dock. Only like a 10 minute drive. Got to there ferry early and was told to get on the one that was there....over a hour before the ferry i was to get....i was told to enjoy the beach till it was time for the experience.

Yes you do run the risk of not catching the ferry to do the excurtion if its late. But i am not sure how they work that out if there is any refund. That you would need to call them and find out.

Side note though, i did the Atlantis deep water swim in 2010 and it was way over priced, photos...you need to pay with your first and second born children. Blue Lagoon allows you to take your own camera and of course they do take some pictures, and they are very reasonable, i think i paid about 40 bucks for 3 5x7s, 2 small photo magnets. it was very very reasonable and the island is beautiful!!!!!

Would highly recommend it. and i am sure they fill up quickly depending on time of the year.

Archived