Southern Caribbean - Adventure OTS or Serernade?

We're planning a last minute spring break cruise and are trying to decide between going on Serenade of the Seas or Adventure of the Seas. We have a tech-happy, shy 17 year old. Any views on which ship we'd like better? We sailed on the Mariner before so we know the mall-like layout on the Royal Promenade.

It's a matter of personal preference.

My first Royal Caribbean ship was Explorer, a sister to Adventure. I was both amazed and appalled at the mall down the middle of the ship. It wasn't what I expected, and to be honest, it's not what I go cruising for. (And because of this, I have no interest in going on the Freedom or Oasis class ships.)

My second Royal Caribbean ship was Jewel, and since then I've sailed on Serenade. Much more to my tastes, especially since with all that glass, I could frequently see the sea.

So I'd vote for Serenade!

Would the additional activities which a Voyager-class ship offers be attractive to your tech-happy, shy 17-year-old? Only you can know that...

Also depends on when you are going and if you prefer more of a cruise speed or fast haul at night. I have been on the Serenade 2 times and both times were a little rocky as you have to cover a lot of territory at night and also during the day at sea. Don't recall ever going under 18 kts other than the first night to St. Thomas. We just got off the Adventure and went about 13 kts to Curacao, 6kts to Aruba , 15-18 to Dominca, 12kts and below to St. Thomas and 9 kts back to San Juan. The seas were about 4 to 6 feet and just felt a gentle rocking motion.

That being said, I loved both ships but prefer the Serenade for the ports and the ship size. Much more intimate than the Adventure.

Archived