Orient Beach

tiba99

Five years ago I traveled with RCCL to orient beach and we also had lunch there. Has anyone done this excursions with RCCL and if so do you remember the name of the place that we stopped at. I know it was orient beach but I don't remember where it stopped.

Thanks for the help.

You can take a cab there and they come in off the main road and then turn into a road area that drives back to Orient Beach. There are a number of different areas where they pick up and drop off so you can catch a cab just about anywhere to go back to the ship. I also found the easiest place to do so was where the beach hit the jetty wall and you then saw the sign for Club Orient. There were always van cabs pulling in and out of that area and it was easy to grab a cab there. It takes about 25-30 minutes to go to the other side of the island to the port area or you can get off around the downtown area and shop. Just outside of it there is a water taxi or regular taxis to take you either back to your ship or to your dock area.

You can take a cab there and they come in off the main road and then turn into a road area that drives back to Orient Beach. There are a number of different areas where they pick up and drop off so you can catch a cab just about anywhere to go back to the ship. I also found the easiest place to do so was where the beach hit the jetty wall and you then saw the sign for Club Orient. There were always van cabs pulling in and out of that area and it was easy to grab a cab there. It takes about 25-30 minutes to go to the other side of the island to the port area or you can get off around the downtown area and shop. Just outside of it there is a water taxi or regular taxis to take you either back to your ship or to your dock area.

you seem to know the area...does it make sense to go to orient first then maho or the other way around....not sure which is closest to port...

you seem to know the area...does it make sense to go to orient first then maho or the other way around....not sure which is closest to port...

They're actually about the same distance from the Cruise Facility, but if you want to see the big planes landing then plan to visit Orient first, then Maho, as the big guys usually arrive in the early afternoon.

gary

I honestly only have seen clearer water in Virgin Gorda than on Orient Beach. That said, the both times I visited there while on cruises, I went to Orient Beach. I enjoyed it so much both times (though the 2nd time we spent more time at the bar on the beach because it began to rain), I will probably return again this December when we set sail again. I found the water crystal clear, calm, warm and the entire experience just lovely. It is certainly not a secluded private experience, but yes, your teens will enjoy it. If you don't mind the occasional topless female sunbather for them (to me that is no big deal at all), then I highly recommend it. Some spots even have waverunner rentals or water float rides to bounce around and slide on (not just fun for kids woot!).

I love Orient Beach!

IMHO, Orient Beach is the most beautiful beach on the island. You will not be disappointed with the water and your boys will not be disappointed with the scenery.

Orient is by far and away the most beautiful beach in the Caribbean, in my opinion. Crystal clear water, soft sand, and lots to see and do. Its a great way to spend a day!

Archived