Drink vouchers (bon voyage) what can you use them for?

oz5

Just noticed you can pre-purchase 4 drink vouchers for $21.24 so that means $5.31 per drink, does anyone know what you can use these on??? Can you buy a vodka & coke for example.

We always ask for the house Vodka or Bourban etc., because if you don't and the booze/drink is more explensive than the value of the ticket then you are billed for the extra amount. Some bartenders will tell you this and others don't seem to "think about it." It is a good value and when, if you care to, have wine in the dining room you can use the tics for a bottle of wine. The waiter or bar server will let you know the price and the number of tics needed.

Each drink voucher states "Good for one drink not exceeding $5.75". We used them to purchase any alcholic drink we wanted and the difference was put on our S & S card.

There are also soft drink vouchers available. There was no additional charge when we used those.

You can use them toward any beverage you want, if it's more than the voucher amount, then they will charge the remainder to your S&S card. Our parents bought bar coupons for our cruise as a gift from Bon Voyage, and we used them like this with no problems.

A bartender did try to tell one sister that she needed to use two toward a DOD to cover the extra, but she vetoed that promptly! Our coupons were $23.00 ($5.75 x 4).

We just got off of the Conquest this morning and I had purchased drink coupons for all of the adults on our trip. We had the worst time using them!! A lot of times they wouldn't even take them and when they would take them, they let you know that it was inconvenient for them to do so. There are very few drinks (a couple of beers and a couple of wine selections) that are under $5.75 so you still end up having to pay and when you get your receipt, they have added another 15% gratuity along with the 15% that the coupon says has already been added. :rolleyes: I don't mind tipping but when I have to insist that they take these coupons, then 15% is enough!

$21.24? When I look they say $23. $21.24 is definately a better price. On another note, these coupons include the tip so that helps save somewhat. I bought some for my cruise in November 2010 and used them for buckets of beer. I had no problem using them and didn't notice any additional charges on my S&S account for any difference. I think it depends on the server. We always seemed to get the same server. I am sailing again in October on the Destiny and I definately plan on buying some to use again. I thought it was convenient and should cover my bucket of beers. Even if you have to pay the difference, the additional 15% should only be on that additional amount, not the total sale amount. Wish I could get them for $21.24 though. Wonder why the different prices?

go into carnival.com and search bon voyage and the bon voyage link should come up. They have 4 adult drink coupons and 4 soda coupons so make sure you purchase the right one. The coupons are delivered to your dinner table on night 1 so don't expect them upon arrival. Those 1st drinks will have to be bought on your S&S card.

$21.24? When I look they say $23. $21.24 is definately a better price. On another note, these coupons include the tip so that helps save somewhat. I bought some for my cruise in November 2010 and used them for buckets of beer. I had no problem using them and didn't notice any additional charges on my S&S account for any difference. I think it depends on the server. We always seemed to get the same server. I am sailing again in October on the Destiny and I definately plan on buying some to use again. I thought it was convenient and should cover my bucket of beers. Even if you have to pay the difference, the additional 15% should only be on that additional amount, not the total sale amount. Wish I could get them for $21.24 though. Wonder why the different prices?

see, thats too much work for me- all that math. and Drinks are sometimes close to 9.00 which they will put that additional amount onto your sign and sail card.

NOW i buy a 25.00 gift certificate and not have to think about what I am paying for a drink

Archived