Carnival Dream Review March 10-19

Ms Belvedere

Did you notice if they charge you for the Thalassotherapy pool and if so how much?

I'm sorry, I can't answer that because I never made it to the gym/spa area except to walk through one evening. I saw the pool but not the prices, maybe another reader will chime in and let us know.

Did you notice if they charge you for the Thalassotherapy pool and if so how much?

The Thalassotherapy pool is part of the Spa Amenities provided for those who are booked in Spa Cabins OR there is a weekly pass for $149pp or $249 per couple. You can also get a daily pass for $30pp or $35 ( not sure of the exact price ) if there is room for that day. Apparently there is a limit to how many they will sell.

Hello Mrs. Belvedere, glad you liked the Dream enough to go again. We met you on the Dream in 2009 and we too went back in Dec.2010. This time we went on the western itinerary and loved it too.

Hello Mrs. Belvedere, glad you liked the Dream enough to go again. We met you on the Dream in 2009 and we too went back in Dec.2010. This time we went on the western itinerary and loved it too.

I remember you well, and in fact I THOUGHT I saw you on this sailing but the woman was a little shorter than you! Thanks so much for writing and for answering the thalassotherapy pool question.

grreat job.

Great review. Took the same cruise in Dec. & this brings back nice memories. We had a great time too.

WOW I can't believe how close those planes look to the people on the beach!

Thanks to all of you for reading my review! Geojarvis, it really is something to see these planes coming in to land.

Great review, loved your pictures. Still chuckling over the guy on the balcony. DH and I first went to St. Maarten on a cruise, since then we booked a condo and stayed for a week. It is a great place and I can thank Carnival for taking me there first. Watching the planes take off and land so close is such a unique experience.

I am gonna rack your brain now. Are you ready? We leave in 11 days on the Dream and one of my favorite meals in the dining room are the ribs that are served the 1st night with coleslaw and fries. Word has it that they now serve ribs 3 nights instead of just one, but there are other ribs served (think they are cold short ribs) and they are not as good. do you happen to remember if you saw ribs on the menu multiple nights and if so, was it the yummy bbq ribs?

I am gonna rack your brain now. Are you ready? We leave in 11 days on the Dream and one of my favorite meals in the dining room are the ribs that are served the 1st night with coleslaw and fries. Word has it that they now serve ribs 3 nights instead of just one, but there are other ribs served (think they are cold short ribs) and they are not as good. do you happen to remember if you saw ribs on the menu multiple nights and if so, was it the yummy bbq ribs?

I saw ribs on the menu one night but that doesn't mean they weren't available under the Carnival Favorites other nights. The Dream does have a BBQ out on the Lanai on Deck 5 from 11:30 - 2:00 where ribs are served, get there early or expect to stand in line for a few mins, it was very popular! Have a great cruise, we really enjoyed the Dream.

Great review! We were on the same cruise. I agree with your comments. We always cruise this same week every year & usually are overwhelmed with college kids. There were very few this year on the Dream. But we did notice many more small children and so many large extended families. One of the staff told us there were over 1800 children under 16 on the ship. Thanks so much for the tighty whitey pic. We were in the whirlpool on the Promenade deck when the Oasis sailed. We saw that guy & I remember commenting I wish I had my camera. Our only disappointing comment is that children seemed to use the whirlpools as a pool jumping & trying to swim back and forth. But then we loved the adult only Serenity whirlpools. However it was so windy on our sea days that you felt like you were being blown away on the the Serenity deck. As for the ribs question they offered it on the first night & then the last night. They had beef short ribs one of the nights. The ribs at the grill on the Promenade deck were basically the same as those served in the Scarlet room.

We also went to Saphire Beach. Having been there before I agree it was definitely more crowded than usual. Talking to the islanders they said the busiest day of the week is when the Oasis & Dream are docked.

Great review! We were on the same cruise. I agree with your comments. We always cruise this same week every year & usually are overwhelmed with college kids. There were very few this year on the Dream. But we did notice many more small children and so many large extended families. One of the staff told us there were over 1800 children under 16 on the ship. Thanks so much for the tighty whitey pic. We were in the whirlpool on the Promenade deck when the Oasis sailed. We saw that guy & I remember commenting I wish I had my camera. Our only disappointing comment is that children seemed to use the whirlpools as a pool jumping & trying to swim back and forth. But then we loved the adult only Serenity whirlpools. However it was so windy on our sea days that you felt like you were being blown away on the the Serenity deck. As for the ribs question they offered it on the first night & then the last night. They had beef short ribs one of the nights. The ribs at the grill on the Promenade deck were basically the same as those served in the Scarlet room.

We also went to Saphire Beach. Having been there before I agree it was definitely more crowded than usual. Talking to the islanders they said the busiest day of the week is when the Oasis & Dream are docked.

Thank you Schultz, I remembered seeing the ribs on one menu, after that it was all a blur! I thought, for the most part, that the kids were well behaved, I did notice them in the hot tub but the cold weather probably drove them to get in. We really had some high winds on this cruise, we walked to the front of the ship on the second evening and wondered if the cabins up there had a lot of motion. There were 5 ships docked in St Maarten Wednesday, the taxi driver said there are days when 7 are in port - I can't even imagine. :p

Kentucky60, You can walk off the ship and out the gate where the taxis come and go, turn left and take the sidewalk into town where the beach is located. You can also get an all day water taxi pass for $6.00, later in the day there is a huge line for the water taxi. When we finished shopping in town and took the water taxi out to the port, there weren't many people on it but the line from the pier to ride the water taxi into town was huge and the water taxis were packed. There are plenty of people walking into and from town and it's safe.

Thank you! Great review.

Duffy’s was, IMO, a dump, no views, nothing to speak of, so we walked across the street to Big Bambooz. Prices here were a little high but the view was pretty and the food was good, we had wings and Conch Fritters that where delicious, you could tell there really was conch in the fritter.

CarnivalDreamMar2011059.jpg

I know that the Mamas and Papas were in St. Thomas before they were the Mamas and the Papas, the inspiration for Creeque Alley. They worked on their songs and played at a local bar called Duffy's. Wondering if its the same thing......it was a dump back then too (actually killed their premier performance due to fire code violations-they had even helped clean up the place so they could perform.) Just curious.

I know that the Mamas and Papas were in St. Thomas before they were the Mamas and the Papas, the inspiration for Creeque Alley. They worked on their songs and played at a local bar called Duffy's. Wondering if its the same thing......it was a dump back then too (actually killed their premier performance due to fire code violations-they had even helped clean up the place so they could perform.) Just curious.

Now there is a piece of arcane history for us old folks! Sounds like you might have been around at the time?

That would be an interesting fact to know. I shouldn't have been so dismissive if it has a place in music history!

Thanks, again, to all of you for reading my review!

Archived