Top 3 all-inclusive beach break

mptrader83

I am going on NCL Spirit cruise on Sunday and was wondering if someone could give me the top 3 all inclusive beach break for Costa Maya. I have already tried to make a reservation at Maya Chan Resort but they are not taking any more reservations. Thanks.

I am going on NCL Spirit cruise on Sunday and was wondering if someone could give me the top 3 all inclusive beach break for Costa Maya. I have already tried to make a reservation at Maya Chan Resort but they are not taking any more reservations. Thanks.

All about equal, all on same stretch of beach in mahahual, easy to walk from one to another maybe a kilometer-2 kilometers total distance north-south.

Starting from the north , nearest port first taxi stand in Mahaual:

Tropicante: email steve at steveuhl@sandalsandskis.com Plenty of reviews here and on TA.

Pez Quadro: www.pezquadrocostamaya.com Middle of malecon. Book the early saver web discount on your own.

Nohoch Kaye at the end of the malecon. You may have to go through Island marketing to get an AI here. Ask them which beach club the break is at. They offer several. But depending on the ships in with you you might be able to get in on your own.

Of those 3, Pez Quadro would most likely be your best bet. Get off the ship & follow the dock and to your left walk through the shopping area past the Hard Rock and follow the signs. They take you on an air conditioned bus over to the beach and drop you off. However, note that these beaches are in a very poor part of town & its not safe to wander towards that area. When you get out there is a big open concrete entry way marked Pez Quadro and you walk through the restroom area, then past the bar & onto the beach. Anyplace in this area you are fine and they have guys at the front entrance to get you a cab to go back to the ship. When they take back towards the shopping plaza they will drop you off at an entry way somewhere close to Senor Frogs. This is the start of plaza/shopping area where you can buy souvenirs, liquor, shirts, snacks, water, whatever you might want or need. The Hard Rock Cafe also has pool chairs out around its pool in this area and a swim up bar that usually is active when the ships are in port. You can see the ships from here so its a close walk from this area up the dock to your ship, about 8 minutes tops. Enjoy Costa but stay out of those remote areas of town as there have been muggings and robberies for people who wandered over there.

So Pez Quadro is safe or is not? I have been trying to decide whether we want a nice stretch of beach or a pool. Pez Quadro keeps coming up with the best beach, and now I have info on Hard Rock's pool. I would rather not have paint chips on my swim bottoms. We really just want something clean with good, safe food somewhere relaxing where we can swim a little. I have to say Costa Maya has been a difficult port to plan for.

Maya Chan is out because I have read their beach and water aren't good for swimming (very shallow and sea grass). Nohoch Kay also has very shallow water according to reviews I have read.

Anyone with any advice?

kkdleon...

See my post above. Pez Quadro, Tropicante, Nohoch Kay, Tequilla Beach, Nacional Beach Club, 40 Canzones, et. al., are all on the same strip of beach. Is one "better" than another? More personal perference based on service experienced than real comparison. You can walk up and down the malecon and find a lounger/area that suits you and park it. No need for reservations. If a place if full due to private vendor excursions, you'll be told politely. The reason so many book reservations is to help insure they have a lounger or group of loungers reserved. And if there'll be 2-3 ships in when you're there, it's probably a good idea. If your ship is the only ship, you shouldn't have to worry.

Re paint chips on the swimsuits, that's from the swim up bar inside the port area, not Hard Rock's. I am of course assuming that jerry2457 is talking about the newer Hard Rock Cafe outside the port area and not the small Hard Rock Cafe store inside the port area which is close to the pool but the port pool wasn't a HRC property last May. And since the HRC in Nuevo Mahahual wasn't completed in May (already 4 months behind schedule per website) I've never been there so there. Am assuming jerry2457 has so will take his word.

My wife and I were in Costa Maya on March 2 via LoS.

Costa Maya in one of those ports were an internet search proves difficult, with limited options for the cruise ship traveler.

My wife and I happened upon via Tripadvisor.com

We are glad we did...what a wonderful time!!

Mark made our day there so enjoyable.

The place it spotless...the lunch was outstanding...had a personal tour of the facilities, and if you are into photograpghy...their enterence garden area provides endless photo opportunities.

If you walk down the beach to the right...two homes down..there is the most friendly middle aged greyish dog....he loves to walk along the beach with you in a manner that you really think he is giving you a tour of the beach...when you meet him you will know what I mean. (Full disclosure..I am a dog lover)

Will DW and I go back?? Absolutely !!

Thank you Mark for a wonderful day.

Questions...Just post and I will answer.

Archived