Cruise to Bermuda

flipflop1

Has anyone taken a cruise from NY to Bermuda? Any information would be appreciated. Also did you stay in a hotel before the cruise...if so where.

Thank you in advance for any info.

We have cruised from New Jersey and New York. The Manhattan terminal is the easiest embarkation we'd ever had. We get there about 11:00 a.m. and they are so organized there. My Dh usually drops me off with the luggage and parks the car. There is always a porter there to help..and I go inside and wait for my Dh. We get in line( we're usually not even in line more than 15 minutes. You get a number and sit down and I don't think we've ever waited more than a half an hour to board. Maybe takes an hour start to finish. Some people park the car uptop and take their luggage to the elevator and go down to the terminal. Either way very easy. As far as where we stay...we do go down the day before and stay overnight and go out for a nice dinner..it's usually not more than 1/2 hour away. Dh will have to say where it is. I can't remember.:D Anyway..let me know if I can help...have fun

We just started looking at this cruise in June on Princess. I've heard the water can be rough leaving out of New York.Could some of you share your experiences and opinions about what it's like on the ship Water and weather -wise! Thanks-Kade

We just started looking at this cruise in June on Princess. I've heard the water can be rough leaving out of New York.Could some of you share your experiences and opinions about what it's like on the ship Water and weather -wise! Thanks-Kade

People only seem to mention the negative.......water being rough. We've done the cruise many times and more often then not, the seas were like glass. The first night there is always a bit of roughness crossing into the Gulf Stream but it was not sustained and quieted down by morning. There is always the possibility of the weather changing from week to week, day to day and even during the day.;)

We just started looking at this cruise in June on Princess. I've heard the water can be rough leaving out of New York.Could some of you share your experiences and opinions about what it's like on the ship Water and weather -wise! Thanks-Kade[/quo

We've cruised from New York and New Jersey..in June and July..we've had smooth sailing on every one. I think once in a while we were out in open seaand had a little rough seas. But, I wouldn't have noticed, but my husband noticed. We've been very lucky.:D

We are also from Massachusetts (worcester area) and did this cruise (ncl) last year. I hooked up with a bunch of people on my roll call and we all rented a bus to take us to the port. We left the morning of the cruise so did not worry about staying over. The bus was waiting for us at the port when the cruise was over. Maybe you could check with your roll call or even check with your TA to see if they have others going wo split the trainsportation costs with.

We have done the Bermuda cruise two times and absolutely love it. Have a great cruise

We did this cruise last year, and to be honest, it wasn't one of our favorites. We had rain when we left. And when we got to Bermuda the water was sooo cold, we didn't go swimming, and had a hard time getting into the water for our stingray excursion, it took me about 1/2 hour to get in the water, my skin hurt so bad because I was sooo cold. A few others in our group didn't venture in at all because it was so cold (this was in June) For us, once you go to the southern caribbean, there's no other place.

Archived