BCH Day Pass or Sharaton Day Room?

1stTimeCruizer121

I am suprising my wife with a short cruise in May for her birthday. Based on what I have read on these boards, I think BCH will be a nice relaxing break. My parents will be watching our 2 year old so quiet and calm seems like a nice change of pace. We will be docking at noon on Friday, May 19th and departing at 6am the next day. Because it costs $50 per person if booked in advance for BCH, I was considering getting a day room at the Sheraton. It would be the same price, but we would not have the food and beverage credits, worth $60 for 2. I like the idea of not having to take a cab or bus to get the the Sheraton, but I think having a room to shower and change in would be nice. Are there showers and/or changing rooms at BCH? Is there anything to do after 5 in Nassau? It sounds like most shops close down at 5. Just wondering if we will be able to see anything after spending the day at BCH before getting back on the ship. Thanks for any comments that you have to share.

I am suprising my wife with a short cruise in May for her birthday. Based on what I have read on these boards, I think BCH will be a nice relaxing break. My parents will be watching our 2 year old so quiet and calm seems like a nice change of pace. We will be docking at noon on Friday, May 19th and departing at 6am the next day. Because it costs $50 per person if booked in advance for BCH, I was considering getting a day room at the Sheraton. It would be the same price, but we would not have the food and beverage credits, worth $60 for 2. I like the idea of not having to take a cab or bus to get the the Sheraton, but I think having a room to shower and change in would be nice. Are there showers and/or changing rooms at BCH? Is there anything to do after 5 in Nassau? It sounds like most shops close down at 5. Just wondering if we will be able to see anything after spending the day at BCH before getting back on the ship. Thanks for any comments that you have to share.

Also, would it be too much to try a day pass at BCH and snorkel? If we go to the Sheraton, can you snorkel there without an excursion? Thanks!

Hi 1stTimeCruizer121, what a great surprise for your wife. scubagirrl has a wealth of knowledge and answers a lot of questions on this board. She answered one of my posts today and told me that blue hole watersports is right at the BCH. They charge $40 for adults and $25 for kids. The tour consists of 1 hour snorkeling and 30 minutes travel time.

They also have a 2 hour tour which is $55/$35.

Also the BCH sells their own day pass and I read somewhere that they charge $55 with a $40 food credit but cant remember where I seen it. Hope you have a great time!

Here is the link for snorkeling at BCH

http://blueholewatersports.com/page2.html

We will be docking at noon on Friday, May 19th and departing at 6am the next day. Because it costs $50 per person if booked in advance for BCH, I was considering getting a day room at the Sheraton. It would be the same.

I wasn't clear if you're aware the day passes at the Sheraton are only valid 7 am to 7 pm. You wouldn't be able to spend the night.

Enjoy!!!!

The BCH is a 5 minute walk, the Sheraton is a 15 minute cab ride. You can buy a beach pass at the Sheraton for $25 each, no room. There are areas to snorkel, we brought our own equipment. Food is very expensive. You can also buy a pass for the Wyndham next door, that is more, but includes food. You can use both properties - we just walked back and forth. When we went to the BCH, we just walked in, and bought a day pass in the lobby. If I had to chose, I'd do the Sheraton again - great pools, more resort-like.

Also the BCH sells their own day pass and I read somewhere that they charge $55 with a $40 food credit but cant remember where I seen it. Hope you have a great time!

If you buy it from the hotel it is $55pp with a $30 food credit.

Last August, we got a $40 credit because they quoted me that when I asked how much it was in an email. It was a mistake on their part. They told us it was a mistake and was supposed to be $30, but they would honor it for that one time because they quoted it as $40.

We were just there again 2 weeks ago and it was $55 with a $30 food credit

Thanks Kitty1, I read about the $40 somewhere just cant remember where, but I thought it was on BCH's website somewhere. We arent going until the end of November so I am still checking things out. How did you like the BCH?

Thanks Kitty1, I read about the $40 somewhere just cant remember where, but I thought it was on BCH's website somewhere. We arent going until the end of November so I am still checking things out. How did you like the BCH?

Might have been the Wyndham at Cable Beach.. Their day pass is $40 and includes a buffet lunch.

BCH is $55 and includes a voucher for the Patio Grill in the amt of $30.

I'm really having a hard time deciding whether we should wait and get a day pass or room at the Sheraton or whether I should pre-book BCH. We don't arrive until noon so I like that we can just walk over to BCH. However, the Sheraton looks like a much bigger resort with more to do. If we arrived earlier, I think I would definelty choose the Sharaton. Has anyone arrived at noon and went to the Sheraton? Is it worth the time to get there considering we arrive at noon? My biggest problem is that I cannot ask my wife for her opinion as it is a surprise. I guess if I wait until we get there I can ask her, but then I can't save on prepurchasing the BCH passes.

It's a tough decision, as I'm trying to decide too for our June cruise with our boys (ages 11,12) and another family (2 adults, kids 8/11).

I want a real beach w/ waves. I've heard BCH is not ideal as it's more on a lagoon/protected waters. Just read that Wyndhams is too, yet they're next door to Sheraton, so confused.

I've read prices are $25/12.50 for kids at Sheraton. Is there a kids rate at Wyndham $40/adult includes indoor buffet lunch)?

Any pros/cons knowing that kids are involved? As far as the adults go - what about bars? swim up bars? beach bars?

It's a tough decision, as I'm trying to decide too for our June cruise with our boys (ages 11,12) and another family (2 adults, kids 8/11).

I want a real beach w/ waves. I've heard BCH is not ideal as it's more on a lagoon/protected waters. Just read that Wyndhams is too, yet they're next door to Sheraton, so confused.

I've read prices are $25/12.50 for kids at Sheraton. Is there a kids rate at Wyndham $40/adult includes indoor buffet lunch)?

Any pros/cons knowing that kids are involved? As far as the adults go - what about bars? swim up bars? beach bars?

There are no waves at the Sheraton either. With kids, we prefered the Sheraton/Wyndham over the BCH (we've done both). The only time we saw a beach with waves was when we did Atlantis, and the waves were so strong that you couldn't go into the water (very pretty though). I "think" there was a swim up bar at either the Sheraton or Wyndham, and there were servers on the beach at the Sheraton. FYI, if you go to the Sheraton, there is free water available at the bar (glasses).

What time are the beach passes for BCH? We will be there from 12noon to 10pm at night. Of course we will leave the beach when it gets dark.

The beach pass is good until 6pm.. Chairs start getting stacked and the lifeguards go off duty. Pools close as well.

The Patio Grill closes around 5pm. So if you want something to drink, you'll need to go inside to the bar.. and pay Buillion prices (which are about double the patio Grill.

Archived