Innoculations

maryella

My trip starts in Hong Kong and then continues down the coast of Vietnam with a stop on the coast of Cambodia and ends in Bangkok where I will spend 3 days and then fly to Singapore where I will end my trip. Other than ship sponsored excursions (nothing very remote) I dont plan to go off the beaten path. Do I need any other innoculations other than the standard tetnus and hepatitus? Thanks!

Suggest whooping cough (depending on your age and previous date of vaccination). Came back from our last cruise with bronchitis which was only cleared up with antibiotics used for whooping cough. Since found out that at least 2 passengers were laid up with WC for 10 days. Could have been others as the coughs were many.

Would suggest boosters for Diptheria, Tetanus & Polio, and HepA + Typhoid, depending on your current status. HepA lasts 20 years if you've had the course, and Typhoid lasts three, although only protects against two of three strains.

Also, DEET application is essential to protect against Mosquitos, even in some cities, particularly at night. Wearing dark clothes helps as they are attracted to heat, CO2 and light colours.

David

Archived