Flame me, please!

Add me to the list. Not a fan of the song and dance routine.
Particularly with the "piped in" music and they basically lip sync

I was looking at some pictures of my first cruise tonight and I came across two photos that reminded me of things RCI no longer does that I miss.

I loved the flambé presentations they used to have for the Baked Alaska and the Bananas Foster. I know there were probably safety concerns that led to the elimination of these presentations but I do miss them.

C'mon RCI, flame us again, won't you?

:)

Just head over to Chops and get the "Mississippi Mud Pie". No flames required. It makes me forget about every dessert I have ever had prior to it.

LOL! You've disappointed all those people who woke up just spoiling for a good fight!;)

I can't remember which ship had the waiters parading around with battery operated light up baked Alaskas...I think it was Princess, but it was pretty lame-o![/quote

Yeah, that's the Princess routine now. Never was a fan of that Baked Alaska though. Now, Princess' cheese cake is a whole 'nother story. Yumm!! Bon Voyage to all!

Having only sailed on RCI, we were suprised on our Celebrity cruise in January to see flamed desserts. Not necessarily table-side, but there were stations with one person making (on different nights) cherries jubilee, bananas foster, and crepes suzette. They also had real flames for the Baked Alaska.

I'm glad you posted this because I was beginning to think I was crazy. I remembered flames with our Baked Alaska with flames but was wondering if I'd imagined it! Here's DS w/our servers and baked Alaska (sans flames:

232323232%7Ffp53379%3Enu%3D3264%3E588%3E939%3EWSNRCG%3D3652477%3A4332%3Anu0mrj

I would never flambé in the public spaces, but if I choose to flambé on my own, private balcony, with the booze from my rum-runner, that's my business. Of the 2nd-hand smoke bothers you, just go back inside until I'm done.

I think they should only allow people to flambe' on balconies on one side of the ship and reserve the balcony cabins on the other side for non-flambe'-ers.

LOL! You've disappointed all those people who woke up just spoiling for a good fight!;)

I can't remember which ship had the waiters parading around with battery operated light up baked Alaskas...I think it was Princess, but it was pretty lame-o!

They had this on the Ruby Princess two years ago. Talk about lame-o. We give them all that money, and the only dessert option is ice cream.

Personally, it makes me squirm when they turn the MDR into a song and dance routine. Don't know why, but it just makes me uncomfortable since I'm only there to eat and not be entertained.

Not me. I like O Sole Mio. But I bet someday this is stopped.

I think they should only allow people to flambe' on balconies on one side of the ship and reserve the balcony cabins on the other side for non-flambe'-ers.

I don't think that will work. They can't legally ask people whether or not they flambé.

I don't think that will work. They can't legally ask people whether or not they flambé.

I have flambé allergy, if I contact special needs will they serve me a flambé free meal, I can not even have food that is cooked near flambé, so it will need to be cooked in a special area.

I have flambé allergy, if I contact special needs will they serve me a flambé free meal, I can not even have food that is cooked near flambé, so it will need to be cooked in a special area.

They have very efficient flambe filters so you should be fine but if not I don't think you should infringe on my right to flambe as I wish.

I was looking at some pictures of my first cruise tonight and I came across two photos that reminded me of things RCI no longer does that I miss.

I loved the flambé presentations they used to have for the Baked Alaska and the Bananas Foster. I know there were probably safety concerns that led to the elimination of these presentations but I do miss them.

Alas, my last cruise on Princess was even worse, with battery operated fake baked alaska.

Fear is killing us, we might burn, we might hurt someone, we might....

jc

they still do the flaming baked alaska on celebrity

Personally, it makes me squirm when they turn the MDR into a song and dance routine. Don't know why, but it just makes me uncomfortable since I'm only there to eat and not be entertained.
I don't need a song ....... but I could use a little more water, or maybe some bread !!! Haha ..... :D :D

Couldn't agree with you more. Our last 7 day cruise, we ate in the MDR only twice and did that with My Time Dining!

No song & dance for us!! :)

Archived