Coffee Makers on Spirit/AMEX question

Northerncheapo

I have read with interest the varying opinions on the coffee - but what about the tea - are they able to serve a good cup of tea - that is brewed in a pot and not a tea bag on the side of a cup or flask of hot (far from the required boiling temperature) water?

On Regent last year they seemed total incapable of serving a decent cup of tea

(reading this you may have assumed I am English!!)

KG

We had a lovely pot of tea made by a senior member of the dining room staff. He was Welsh and understood the business of the boiling water.:D

I brought up the subject of the poor coffee on this Forum a couple of years ago. Sadly, it's still as "bad" as it was then !

There are no coffee machines in the Silver Suites so we have resorted to packing some Starbucks Sumatra coffee and obtained some very nifty insulated cups with an integral French Press (also from SB). Now all we have to do is nip up to the Observation or Panorama lounge to fill them with boiling water and we have a great cup of coffee in the morning. The staff doesn't bat an eyelid and many have even taken the cups away, washed them and returned them to us, with a big smile of course.

We had a lovely pot of tea made by a senior member of the dining room staff. He was Welsh and understood the business of the boiling water.:D

many thanks, that sounds encouraging for one who gets withdrawal symptoms, without a good cup of tea.

• 6 months later...
I believe if you put the whole cruise on your Amex platinum you get an additional $300 shipboard credit that is in addition to any shipboard credit you get from silversea. So, yes, it is combinable. At least that's what I was told 3 weeks ago when I booked the silver spirit.

We use many of the Platinum card benefits...Admirals club access, $200 airline fee credit, National Executive Emerald service, etc. I was thrilled to book our Jan 7 Cloud cruise during a promotional period where they gave an extra $125 shipboard credit ($425 total), in addition to the $1,000 SS credit for a 9 day cruise. AND we are looking forward to the bottle of Dom (or equivalent) in the cabin. I have shared how great the benefits are and how much they outweigh the cost of the card(s) but most of my friends, even those who travel extensively, refuse to take the plunge....

Archived