Free clean beach

disneyaholicraquel

Can anyone recommend a free beach to go for maybe 2 hours at most? We will be in Nassau in a couple weeks and doing the Segway Excursion until roughly 2 pm. Would like to go to a beach for a bit but, don't want to spend money on a day pass for 3-5 pm (seems like a waste).

Thanks,

There is a public beack near the port, Junkanoo beach or sometimes called light house beach. We have always found it clean, some spots a bit rocky so water shoes are helpful. We always spend an hour or two there before we walk around town. When you exit the gate from the ship, make a right. Follow the waterfront until you get to Senor Frogs. MAke a left and when you get to the main street make a right. You will see a McDonalds on your left and the British colonial Hilton on your right. Continue past the BCH to the end of the street. Make a short right then a left. The public beach begins on your right. We usually walk down to the small lighthouse.

There is a public beack near the port, Junkanoo beach or sometimes called light house beach. We have always found it clean, some spots a bit rocky so water shoes are helpful. We always spend an hour or two there before we walk around town. When you exit the gate from the ship, make a right. Follow the waterfront until you get to Senor Frogs. MAke a left and when you get to the main street make a right. You will see a McDonalds on your left and the British colonial Hilton on your right. Continue past the BCH to the end of the street. Make a short right then a left. The public beach begins on your right. We usually walk down to the small lighthouse.

Thanks, for the info....is it normally loud & crowded? I'm looking for something kinda quiet and safe since it's just my son & myself!

Thanks, for the info....is it normally loud & crowded? I'm looking for something kinda quiet and safe since it's just my son & myself!

If you are not coming during a holiday break, the beach will be quiet and relaxing. If you are coming during spring/ Easter break, there will be nowhere to hide from the crowds and noise. There's even live music most days during holiday.

The beach is pretty big, you can probably walk a little further to the west and find it more quiet, but then you'll be further from the concessions, restrooms etc.

You should be safe there, it's across the street from the police station. but as will anywhere else in the world, keep an eye on your belongings.

If you are not coming during a holiday break, the beach will be quiet and relaxing. If you are coming during spring/ Easter break, there will be nowhere to hide from the crowds and noise. There's even live music most days during holiday.

The beach is pretty big, you can probably walk a little further to the west and find it more quiet, but then you'll be further from the concessions, restrooms etc.

You should be safe there, it's across the street from the police station. but as will anywhere else in the world, keep an eye on your belongings.

Thanks, yes we will be there during spring break 4/5/2011...we will only be there a short amount of time.

Can anyone recommend a free beach to go for maybe 2 hours at most? We will be in Nassau in a couple weeks and doing the Segway Excursion until roughly 2 pm. Would like to go to a beach for a bit but, don't want to spend money on a day pass for 3-5 pm (seems like a waste).

Thanks,

Hi there is a great beach right next to where the Segway tour starts and ends. It is a great beach and one side of it is very quiet and the other a bit more commercial with food and drink stands. HAVE FUN!

thanks for the replies to public beach. my friends and i are taking a cruise and we are in Nassau for a day. we were also trying to find out about public beaches. do the public beaches ie, near the cruise dock and near segway tours have parasailing and banana boat excursions hagglers? we want to do both but not sure if we should book online or just wait and go to a public beach and purchase the excursions there. any suggestions?

any decent bars in Nassau?

thanks!

Archived