How far in advance?

...can you book excursions? And speaking of excursions, what is a must on the Voyager of the Sea trip to Labadee, Bahamas, Jamaica and GrandCayman?

We are first time cruisers with 3 kids under 7. From what I see we will take them off the ship when we arrive in Labadee. But what are 'not miss' type things to do and see with or without the kids?

Thanks

Tony

I'll speak of Jamaica. I've heard the falls are great. I've been on the river raft ride and have never been hounded so much in my life. Any where you go in this armpit, learn how to say NO !! My advice.....stay on the ship!! Grand Cayman is the best ....7 mile beach! Best place for para-sailing.

Although I haven't yet gone on my cruise to these ports (coming soon) I would say that Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica is a place not to miss. You don't have to climb the falls, which with your youngsters may prove to be a bit too difficult, but still a place to see if you decide to bring the kids. We are going with Peat Taylor whom many CC'ers have recommended.

In Grand Cayman we are doing the Stingray/Snorkel excursion thru Soto's Cruises. There are a number of recommended guides.

Of coarse you can book your excursions thru RCCL or do them on your own (which alot of CC'ers seem to do).

If you go to the boards you can go to ports and research each one too.

I hope you have fun no matter what you decide to do.

Archived