Summit Cabin over theater

C&F

I just got my cabin assignment and saw we are over the seating area of the theater. Just wondering if anyone ever had a cabin over the theater and if you heard alot of noise. We go to sleep VERY late, well after shows are over, so this should not be an issue. Just wondering.

ANyone have one of these cabins?

I had a similar cabin on a Carnival cruise. It was far forward, probably over the stage. I could hear faint music/singing in the late afternoon. I assumed they were rehearsing because it was too early for a show. I could only hear it when the TV was off. Otherwise, there were no issues and no noise. Hope this helps.

I just got my cabin assignment and saw we are over the seating area of the theater. Just wondering if anyone ever had a cabin over the theater and if you heard alot of noise. We go to sleep VERY late, well after shows are over, so this should not be an issue. Just wondering.

Did you get one of the sweet sixteen balcony rooms?

We had the same experience as the other poster -- if the TV was off in our room we could hear them practicing in the late afternoon. It wasn't annoying, and if the TV was on we didn't hear the rehearsal noise.

During the evening we were out and about the ship, so the noise then wasn't a concern.

I actually had no idea what a sweet 16 cabin was until last night. Also just finding out that it actually is one. Got an upgrade from the lowest inside category to this sweet 16 cabin for $20 per person. Persistence pays off!!

• 1 month later...

Just returned home from a fantastic cruise on the Summit. Our room was above the theater and I'm happy to say that there was no noise. We are usually out of the room during any kind of show, but one night we retired early. There was a VERY faint sound of bass, but you would have to strain to hear it. Even when I was reading in bed, when I forgot about it, it wasn't there. I fell asleep like a baby, so no issue at all. I would not hesitate to book a cabin there again!

Just returned home from a fantastic cruise on the Summit. Our room was above the theater and I'm happy to say that there was no noise. We are usually out of the room during any kind of show, but one night we retired early. There was a VERY faint sound of bass, but you would have to strain to hear it. Even when I was reading in bed, when I forgot about it, it wasn't there. I fell asleep like a baby, so no issue at all. I would not hesitate to book a cabin there again!

what cabin were you in? We are in a C1 aft balcony - I can't remember which one rignt now. It will be our 1st balcony & everyone say we will be spoiled, but we are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary, so decided to splurge a little.

• 2 weeks later...
what cabin were you in? We are in a C1 aft balcony - I can't remember which one rignt now. It will be our 1st balcony & everyone say we will be spoiled, but we are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary, so decided to splurge a little.

We were in cabin 6021. It was right over the theater. Very first forward balcony on port side. As for being spoiled after a balcony, it is VERY hard to go back to any other cabin after a balcony. We cruised on a winter cruise 2 years ago and didn't get a balcony as we were leaving out of NYC in December and wouldn't really be able to use it for most of the cruise. I didn't really miss it for that cruise, because I knew it was cold out there. Because we did an extra cruise that year, we decided to get an inside for our summer cruise on the Caribbean Princess. I did miss it because there were so many sea days (4), but we had a great location on the pool deck, so I looked at it as my balcony, lol.

You are even more lucky in that you have an AFT balcony, which I've never had, but heard great things about. Enjoy your cruise and Happy 40th Anniversary.

Archived