Hotels near PBI with shuttle to Port Everglades?

Hager1425

Hi! BF and I just booked a curise on Carnival Freedom for April 17th. We are flying into PBI late on Saturday night and was thinking it would make sense to stay in PBI Saturday night and go to the Port on Sunday. Are there any hotels that offer a shuttle to Port Everglades? Should we just plan to stay at the airport in PBI and pick up a one way rental car on Sunday AM for the drive? Trying to do this as cheaply as possible :) More money for excursions and drinks that way!! And thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!!! Haven't thought aobut the return to PBI post cruise - yikes!

That drive has to be close to 50+ miles :eek: - I doubt any hotel will offer a free shuttle for that distance. A rental car to FLL is your best bet. Good luck! :)

Thanks! Good point - it didn't need to be a free shuttle but i will look into a one way rental as well!

The car services like http://www.southfloridatransportation and http://www.floridalimos.com will all be in the $75-$100 range for a town car. We rented from PBI and returned to FLL using Alamo, which has the free shuttle to Port Everglades from the FLL return center. The other companies have locations close to the port with either cheap shuttles or cheap taxi rides to the port. If you rent, I would just do it Saturday night when you land, as opposed to getting back to the airport Sunday morning anyway. You pay the same as it is, provided your hotel doesn't charge for parking. If you left your hotel around 930am, that should get you to FLL around 1015am. Drop the car and grab the shuttle (assuming you didn't just miss it and have to wait for it's next run) should get you to the port before 11 which is usually a good time to arrive. Alternatively, you could also drive right to the port first, drop the luggage off, and return the car.

The only pain I have found with returning rental cars to FLL is the lack of a handy gas station to get gas for the car right there. You either have to go south or north on US 1 a few blocks to find one.

Archived