Cocktail or Full length on Alaska cruise?

frostwalker

Do most women do cocktail or full length dresses for formal nights? I imagine in warmer climates, cocktail is predominant...but what about Alaska?

Please don't tell me its whatever one prefers...I know that...I'm hoping to get info on what you see most - cocktail or full.

Do most women do cocktail or full length dresses for formal nights? I imagine in warmer climates, cocktail is predominant...but what about Alaska?

Please don't tell me its whatever one prefers...I know that...I'm hoping to get info on what you see most - cocktail or full.

I saw more cocktail length dresses on our Alaskan cruise.

On our last Caribbean cruise there were more cocktail and tea length dresses than full length gowns, but only by a marginal percentage. I would think in Alaska you would see more long sleeves, but not necessarily more long skirts.

Personally I like long, and have never felt out of place.

I wear a full-length gown and my husband wears a tux on formal nights, regardless of itinerary.

This past summer the cocktail length outnumbered full length.

Besides mostly short dresses, you'll see many dressy black pants with pretty tops that can be changed for the second formal night.

Easy to pack when needing to pack more layers than on a Carib cruise.

Archived