Yet another question about ES...

Mysschevous

I am so confused! I think my rate dropped, but I am getting the run around from my TA, so could someone please answer this question for me.

My cruise docs say my cruise amount is $1498

It also shows an OBC of $60, so does that really mean my rate is $1438?

Thanks! :)

I am so confused! I think my rate dropped, but I am getting the run around from my TA, so could someone please answer this question for me.

My cruise docs say my cruise amount is $1498

It also shows an OBC of $60, so does that really mean my rate is $1438?

Thanks! :)

Each time you get an ES Price Adjustment, your ES rate becomes that new adjusted fare. If you booked at $1498, then received a $60 ES price adjustment, your new ES rate is $1438 (the previous rate less the amount of the price adjustment).

ken

I know some TA's don't like to give the price reductions after FP because they get a "recall" commission notice. Personally, and it's only my opinion, so I don't need people to tell me that I must be rich etc.etc.etc., but I wouldn't bother my TA over a price reduction of $10 per person or, for us, $20 for the cabin.

I know, I know, it could be a couple of drinks or whatever, but I don't think it's fair to the TA to send the form, send me an email showing the amount and then have to give back $$ to Carnival.

If it were $20 a person, I probably would do it, but not for $10. I think that's why many TA's don't like to book ESA. I always book it when I can, but----

I know some TA's don't like to give the price reductions after FP because they get a "recall" commission notice. Personally, and it's only my opinion, so I don't need people to tell me that I must be rich etc.etc.etc., but I wouldn't bother my TA over a price reduction of $10 per person or, for us, $20 for the cabin.

I know, I know, it could be a couple of drinks or whatever, but I don't think it's fair to the TA to send the form, send me an email showing the amount and then have to give back $$ to Carnival.

If it were $20 a person, I probably would do it, but not for $10. I think that's why many TA's don't like to book ESA. I always book it when I can, but----

Actually, the TA's commission is reduced each time you do a price adjustment, before or after Final Payment deadline.

I personally wouldn't expect a TA to put up with all this and would prefer to do the ES fare watching and submittals and resolution of denials myself, booking via PVP. ken

Archived