Celebrity Passages vs. Onboard Booking

jerseygirl3

A couple of questions.

We'll be onboard RCI in a week or so. There is a Celebrity cruise we've got our eyes on. Our friends (who will NOT be onboard RCI with us) want to do the Celebrity cruise with us.

We had planned to do an onboard booking while we're onboard RCI so we could get the OBC, as well as the complimentary upgrade.

Is there anyway we can add our friends and they can get some perks (OBC and/or comp upgrade). I'm thinking the only way to accomplish this would be through a Celebrity Passage certificate, but then we'd have to use the certificate as well so our friends could use it, and we'd lose the comp upgrade, right?

Any advice on best way to do this would be most appreciated.

BTW, if one does an onboard booking and gets the OBC and comp upgrade, if your plans change and you move that onboard booking to a different sailing, if you keep the same reservation number, do you keep the upgrade, or just the OBC?

TIA!

A couple of questions.

We'll be onboard RCI in a week or so. There is a Celebrity cruise we've got our eyes on. Our friends (who will NOT be onboard RCI with us) want to do the Celebrity cruise with us.

We had planned to do an onboard booking while we're onboard RCI so we could get the OBC, as well as the complimentary upgrade.

Is there anyway we can add our friends and they can get some perks (OBC and/or comp upgrade). I'm thinking the only way to accomplish this would be through a Celebrity Passage certificate, but then we'd have to use the certificate as well so our friends could use it, and we'd lose the comp upgrade, right?

BTW, if one does an onboard booking and gets the OBC and comp upgrade, if your plans change and you move that onboard booking to a different sailing, if you keep the same reservation number, do you keep the upgrade, or just the OBC?

TIA!

I don't know of any way you can get onboard booking credit for your friends who will not be on board. I believe it's called onboard booking for a reason--it's a reward for booking another cruise while you're on board the ship.

If you transfer your booking under the same reservation number, the upgrade and OBC will go along with it.

I don't know of any way you can get onboard booking credit for your friends who will not be on board. I believe it's called onboard booking for a reason--it's a reward for booking another cruise while you're on board the ship.

If you transfer your booking under the same reservation number, the upgrade and OBC will go along with it.

I was told if I change my cruise booking but keep the same bkg. number, I could still get the on board credit but would lose the bonus of the 3 category cabin upgrade. Better to check to know for sure.

A couple of questions.

TIA!

I know from experience that you keep the monies but lose the upgrade:(, if you cruise a lot it is best to cancel and rebook the cruise you want on board. ~ Ric

My sister and brother-in-law were on the Eclipse in Feb. They booked a cabin for my husband and I for next Feb 2012, (on the Connie) we got the category upgrade, OBC, and we were not present. They also booked the same cruise for 2/2012 for themselves. It worked for us.

Would you not get two Friend and Family Certificates when you book onboard that would allow your friends to a least get the same OBC, but not the category upgrade, if they booked the same cruise within 30 days of your booking date. That's the way it worked with the Celebrity Passage we used to book the Connie cruise we sail on this Saturday. They booked within 30 days of our booking and this gave them the same as ours $300 OBC from X.

When we were on the Millie in Feb we booked 3 cabins for three couples who wanted to come with us to SA next year on the Infinity. We were able to book for them with just their correct names and with their Credit Card #'s. They rec'd OBC, Cat upgrade and reduced deposit and have since transferred to a TA for additional OBC. No prob:D

a

I just used my Passages certificate to book Australia for 2013.

It is valid for 3 cabins. Everyone get the OBC (and upgrade if applicable) but all cabins must be booked at the same time.

The owner of the certificate does not need to pay additional deposit. The other 2 cabins pay regular deposit.

Thanks to all, but from the variety of responses here, I can see it's not written in stone whether or not we could book our friends (who will not be with us) while we're onboard RCI and have them also get the reduced deposit, comp upgrade, and OBC. The other thing complicating this is the fact that we'll be booking a Celebrity cruise while onboard RCI, so that furthers the chance that the RCI Future Cruise Consultant will not have the correct information regarding a Celebrity cruise.

I think I'll just cross my fingers and hope it works!

Would you not get two Friend and Family Certificates when you book onboard that would allow your friends to a least get the same OBC, but not the category upgrade, if they booked the same cruise within 30 days of your booking date. That's the way it worked with the Celebrity Passage we used to book the Connie cruise we sail on this Saturday. They booked within 30 days of our booking and this gave them the same as ours $300 OBC from X.

But I don't want to use a Celebrity Passage for myself. I would be doing an actual booking so I can get the comp upgrade as well as the OBC. I know a Celebrity Passages allows Friends and Family to book the same cruise within 30 days, but that's only if the original Passages holder uses their Certificate as well. I don't want to use a certificate because I don't believe that entitles one to a comp upgrade, just an OBC.

I understand that if you do not use the Passages Certificate, you lose the deposit. What happens if you book onboard and then have to cancel. We are looking at 2013 and who knows what will happen in 2 years.

I understand that if you do not use the Passages Certificate, you lose the deposit. What happens if you book onboard and then have to cancel. We are looking at 2013 and who knows what will happen in 2 years.

If you do an onboard booking (not using a Celebrity Passages certificater), if you cancel, your deposit is fully refundable, or you can maintain the reservation number and transfer it to a different sailing. It does have an expiration date of four years from the time of purchase. It just means you have to book something within four years, not that you have to actually sail within 4 years

The Celebrity Passages certificate is non-refundable but has no expiration.

If you do an onboard booking (not using a Celebrity Passages certificater), if you cancel, your deposit is fully refundable, or you can maintain the reservation number and transfer it to a different sailing. It does have an expiration date of four years from the time of purchase. It just means you have to book something within four years, not that you have to actually sail within 4 years

The Celebrity Passages certificate is non-refundable but has no expiration.

Who told you about the 4 year limit? I was told it was good indefinitely. I wonder which it is?

Archived