Marina Shower Questions

Dmgmd50

I vote for a larger walk in shower & no tub

I could not climb into the tub & I am reasonably mobile

The showers in the PH suites on Marina were larger than in the B4 cabin we had.

Just put those in all of the cabins :D

Lyn

Thank God my husband doesn't have those problems. He doesn't need an accessible room, just not a high tub. We loved the PH on the R ships but that tub was a killer even for both of us with no problems! Now it would be totally impossible. Even the shower stall on Regent Navigator is tight.

On our Med. Cruise on Insignia in 2009 we were in a PH 2, on a bit of a rocky sailing day my DH who has had a knee replaced tried to stand up and get out of the tub and fell hard against the side of the tub and cracked his ribs. Unfortunately I was the one who insisted that he sit down in the tub as not to fall standing up :eek: I still blame him tho, because he didn't call me to help him stand back up and lift his leg up and over the side of the tub. :p.

We will be more cautious on our Regatta sailing this summer to Alaska.

Jill

What a sad story! I am sorry to hear this. I'm sure by now he's fine, but wishing well anyway.:)

Thank you esther e, yes he is fine now, but we shall be more careful in June and bring extra long ace bandages with us. : ) On a side note Carlos in Toscana was always thoughtful and asking Ken how he was doing etc. As we were on board for 23 days everyone got to know us and we got to know them, became like a family caring for one another.

Jill

On our Med. Cruise on Insignia in 2009 we were in a PH 2, on a bit of a rocky sailing day my DH who has had a knee replaced tried to stand up and get out of the tub and fell hard against the side of the tub and cracked his ribs.

Jill

OUCH glad to hear he is OK

I always try to shower before we leave port or if rocky I hang on to the grab bar

This is the first cruise we had a tub & it was never used

Hope they rethink the bathrooms for the Riviera

Lyn

Husband liked the shower; he is 6'3" and enjoyed it daily. I have a problem getting in and out of tubs, even at home, but the long tub on Marina was a blessing as the rails and width of tub side were sufficient that I could soak and get myself out. Only complaint with the bathroom was the lighted mirror which put your face in a glare , not light, and husband had trouble shaving. joyous

After a couple of days of drowning under the rainshower head I found you can actually reach up and tilt it to one side or another which helped with the washing hair routine. I'm petite but found the shower a tight fit and couldn't shave my legs in it - use the tub to rest your leg and the sink taps for the razor - works great. I do think that who ever designed the shower should be made to use it for a week, wash their hair every time and shave their legs. Woe betide them should they drop the soap given the position of the grab bar. You'll have a great time if you work around this inconvenience though. Incidentally they have both a steam and a sauna room which wasn't that well used during my trip. Enjoy yourselves.

Something similar has been discussed before on this board, re: showers http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1380711&page=2 posting #39

"...As for the shower, it is not practical for a 282 sq.ft. standard cabin to have both tub and shower. We mentioned in an earlier posting on this board that Silversea's Cloud/Wind at 295 sq.ft. have only a combo tub-shower, and only the Shadow/Whisper at 345 sq.ft. can properly have both. In that thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1355895&page=4 posting #78, we suggested having two types of standard cabins, one type with combo tub-shower while the other a good sized rain forest shower. Oceania's mistake lies in trying to get in too many features without allowing for adequate space (want more passengers per space to increase revenue)..."

Here are some pictures inside one of the bathrooms:

http://www.1mpages.com/OceaniaMarina/StateroomBathroom.html

It shows you what some people have mentioned in this thread.

Thanks for the pictures. The hand-held showerhead should be good for washing one's hair. And if you can tilt the rainshower head, that is an advantage. Our tub will not be used but the bathroom must feel spacious. I might have preferred two sinks like we had on Seabourn.

Do the Bulgari toiletries come in all the cabins or just in the premium ones?

Husband liked the shower; he is 6'3" and enjoyed it daily.

I am 1 inch taller (6'4'') and hit my head against either the shower head or the light right next to it.

After almost burning the top of my head because of the very hot light I made sure it was not on when I wanted to take a shower.

However this was the only point of critism on an otherwise excellent cruise.

Archived