I've done the search, but still need help in Mohagany!

airwick

I understand that the beach is in walking distance, that we don't need to book thru Carnival, and we don't need to take the chair lift. However, a few other questions :

1. do you need to pay for the beach chairs?

2. We have our own snorkel gear, can I rent the kids a vest? and how much?

3. How much does the other water activities cost?

4. Where is the clipnzip place in relation to the beach and port?

Thanks for the help

I understand that the beach is in walking distance, that we don't need to book thru Carnival, and we don't need to take the chair lift. However, a few other questions :

Thanks for the help

airwick...

You don't pay for beach chairs/loungers. You will pay for umbrellas and clamshells.

Not sur eif vests are separatible from snorkel gear package, but you can find out once there.

Other water activities like kayaks and bicycle boats were at one time $20/half hour or more.

You can't miss CliP N Zip! you'll see its sign pulling (backing) into port. It's directly across from the archway of the porth shopping area and the road "up the hill". I believe there are pictures around on some of the MBCC threads that show the sign and location.

Enjoy your visit.

So the chairs are free, do you know the cost of the clam shells? If we plan on clam shelling it, is it worth booking through Carnival? Carnival is $30 bucks for 2. That'll give me the:Ski lift, 1 clam shell (for 2 chairs) and 2 floats. I think I read that the ski lift alone is $12 a person! We can always walk it, but if the clam shell is close to $15 bucks, it might be worth booking thru Carnival.

What does everyone think?

Thanks for the help

There's not much point snorkeling at Mahogany Bay. The ships back into the port area, which is right next to the man-made beach, so visibility tends to be bad.

If you want a good snorkeling area, take a taxi to the West End or take Carnival excursion to Tabayana. You can snorkel at the reef right off the beach there.

We just got back from Roatan. Here is a pic with our underwater camera.

Roatan7.jpg.e3b837ad3395bc2e8b705fba13ffef6c.jpg

We were there a few weeks ago and a lot of people rented the clam chairs and didn't use seem to use the covering part. It was pretty warm there when we went, so maybe too hot with it up.

I thought it was beautiful there, but VERY crowded. It was nice to just walk off the boat and be at the beach, but next time I will get my but out of bed and venture out.

Archived