Piano Bar - kid friendly?

At a certain time in both venues, they turn into adult (18+) venues. Minors will be asked to leave and not allowed in.

Yes the piano bar gets smokey.

Also the comedy shows clearly state which shows are PG and which are the Adult shows. I've seen people bring thier kids to the adult shows and just shook my head when they got very upset because of language and content. The MC clearly states at least 5 times that the shows are not family friendly.

I also don't think the Piano Bar is suitable for kids. It will be adults in there smoking, drinking, and listening to the music. Adult language will also be used I'm sure. I just don't find it appropriate for teens, and don't see how they would find it entertaining either.

As far as Disco goes, after a certain time (10 PM I believe) it is for adults only (18+).

I'll just echo what others have said & so no, it's not kid friendly. Neither is the disco. First of all, they're both bars. True bars, not like the Lido deck bar or Atrium bars. Second of all, the piano bar is smoke filled. It's actually pretty disgusting. I can't hang out in there myself because of the smoke. (this is not an attack on smokers, they are allowed to smoke there & I respect that just find it intolerable myself) The disco also gets pretty smokey, although not quite as bad because it's a larger room. It's also an adult area after a certain time of night.

I was on the Pride last month during a very popular winter break week....there were nearly 1,000 children on the ship. The piano bar was kid friendly until about 10:00. Could mainly be because it was clearly a big school winter break. My kids went to the piano bar (ages 10 and 6) and we were all able to have fun!

I think it is hard for parents to sort out the different venues but you have to think about the bars and clubs the same as you would at home. Would you take your children to a local Piano Bar or a nightclub? The answers get easier that way as you may find you hold the answer even if you don't know the ship rules regarding these areas.

Hope that helps.

as multiple others have stated, the piano bars are incredibly smoky, sometimes you can't even see across the room there is so much smoke. That being said, the one time I was in one that wasn't (on the Glory, formal night), it was VERY rowdy and it was before dinner. I would not take or allow kids in there in either situation.

Both venues are adult. There is noting family friendly about them.

Besides them being really smoky its just not a place kids belong.

I think someone asked this would you take your kids to a nightclub on land.

I get kids at beach bars and places like that, Its a whole diff kind of venue.

Archived