anyone won a free cruise at bingo?

When I won ours, there were 3 of us who called bingo. The 3 of us then had to come to the front of the theatre and compete in a 4 corner "bingo off". As they called the numbers I had one corner covered and looked over to see the other 2 with 3 out of 4 covered and figured I was finished but I hit the next 3 in a row and almost peed my pants. I got congratulations from people all over the ship for the rest of the cruise, it was pretty cool.

I won a free cruise @ bingo on HAL a few years ago, it was for 7 days inside cabin, taxes extra. We upgraded to a balcony for $199 each and it turned out to be probably the best vacation we've had.. Very thrilling to win too, especially since I dont care much for bingo and was talked into going. Ironically an inconsiderate man had quickly jumped in line ahead of me to get his card, so it should have been him than won. Just goes to show that sometimes it does pay to be patient...lol

As the expression goes, "karma bites". Looks like this man got "bit". ;)

I won a free cruise in '08 on Granduer, and had the same problem as you. Try contacting Anna Marrero. Her e-mail is Amarrero@rccl.com. She is the Cruise Certificate Redemption Co-Ordinator, or atleast she was back in '08. She was very helpful, and called me directly the next day. No problems up-grading to a 7 night, or a balcony room.

Good luck, and congrats.

Unless like they have done on some cruises, "To win the free cruise you must have a bingo before X number of balls have dropped", then the price changes to $250. It was an insanely low number, you almost had to have 2/3 of the numbers that they called in order to complete the card on time.

This was not the case on the Liberty of the Seas last year. We played bingo a few times on the ship (made me feel like an old geezer) but we has so much fun, the machines they give you play several games at once. We were traveling with my wife's SIL and her husband. They were running specials if you buy 2 machines you get one free so we did that and used the third one as a shared win if we hit.

The first day we won $250 on the shared one which was nice. On the last day they offered the free cruise prize. There were at least 500 people in there and they had no special rules as you mentioned above. They have you stand up when you have one number left. We had maybe 3 people standing when my machine sings saying one number left. I stand up to all the boos in the crowd, my wife says what number to you need, I said O 67, then Dollar Darrell says, O.....6......7!!!! I had not been that excited in a long time jumping up and down and my wife yell like crazy, Darrell says I think we have a BINGO and he was right!!

We are leaving next week for our "free cruise" on the Freedom of the Seas. I paid for an upgrade to a hump balcony and are traveling with my wife's BIL and his wife this time. I think we will be playing Bingo again!!

BTW, I would be interested in knowing if they do 1099 you? I did not get anything this past year but I am claiming the prize this year so I wonder if they will be sending one out after this year? Anyone ever receive one or are we exempt being out on international waters?

Won a cruise on the Independence sailing from Southampton to the Canaries in November 2009. This was in a competion organised by RCCL.

Everthing was free including the gratuities and the car parking.

Only had to pay for the drinks.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i was finally able to reach a person and they said we are not able to upgrade to any other type of room, balcony or suite, even if we pay the difference..we won a inside/outside room...sort of disappointed as we really wanted at least a balcony room...or a suite large enough to accomodate 5...guess i should not complain but too bad they cannot give you a credit for what the room is worth and you pay anything more..it has been a very difficult process...

We won a 7 day back in 03, used our TA to book the cruise, had to pay taxes, and airfare. We were worried that it would be an inside cabin lower decks, but it was a balcony on deck 9. Well worth the price of bingo, and instead of looking at the extra charges as more money, we looked at the cruise as money not spent, as we would have gone anyway.

We have also won bingo jackpot twice once for $2000.00 and once for almost $5000.00. You do not claim or pay taxes on anything won aboard.

• 3 years later...

My daughter won a cruise for 2 or the option of $700 on Carnival Dream two years ago. My husband and I took the cruise the following July. We booked Valor of the Seas out of Puerto Rico and it was one of the best cruises ever. We only had to pay taxes and port fees (not much). Pretty amazing! My son has won $500 and I've won several times but only about $100 or so at a time. We are sailing March 21, 2015 on Oasis of the Seas with 32 people so we hope to have atleast one of us win something.