Balcony vs. Mini-suite

ReyRey

The couch is slightly bigger in the mini-suite. Plus, there's a thick curtain that separates the sitting area from the sleeping area. Once drawn, the curtain gives you more privacy between the two areas. There's probably more storage in the mini, too. You already covered the other differences.

Location on the ship is something to look at as well. We were in a mini on the Pearl and all the minis were located on deck 11. We thought our location was perfect, for our own needs and enjoyment, but it depends on what YOU want. Just something to think about.

Is there any difference to these other than a bath tub, size, and the price?

I think it depends on the ship. When we were researching the mini- suites, we found many differences from ship to ship, front to stern, etc. I'd say the square footage, large bath, separate toilet, vanity, large closet, bigger TV, bigger balcony,etc. were some of the pluses. For instance, the minis deck nine aft on the Sun are configured differently; the couch at the foot of the bed. The cabin is wide, so is the balcony :D. Even some of the balcony cabins differ - check square footage. A smaller cabin can sometimes mean a larger balcony, depending upon location/category. Try to do a search for photos or views from cabins that interest you.

It really depends on what's important to you in the long run

We just got off the Star yesterday.....I had wanted to book a mini suite...but my TA made a techincal error....(won't be using her again..) so we ended up with a BA balcony (first balcony ever!). We met some people who had a mini-suite and I asked if we could have a snoop! The mini suite is much bigger than a balcony, and there is loads more storage. There is a tub, and we just had a shower. Also, when our extra 'sofa' bed was made up, we actually had to step up and on it to get to the balcony! You don't have to do that with a mini suite. I'm not sure on the exact square footage difference...you could look that up on NCL's website! Hope this helps! (and after having a balcony....I will NEVER NEVER be going back to an inside cabin! LOVED having the view!!) Good luck with your decision!!

We have always had balcony cabins. We did the last cruise of the Majesty. No balcony. It just did not compare. We had a mini suite our first cruise. Not that different than a balcony. I can do without a mini, but without a balcony...no way. I'd rather stay home.

Is there any difference to these other than a bath tub, size, and the price?

And the extra storage as someone else mentioned. If it is just 2 people I would go with a balcony but with 3 (as we did in January) the mini-suite was perfect mostly for the extra storage and the curtain separating the beds. I also loved the location of our mini on the Sun. It was on the pool deck and very convenient to everything as well as very quiet.

As others have said, it all depends on what you want/need. We always book a balcony and after having an aft balcony (Jewel deck 10) last year, now we are hooked on the aft! The cabin size is the same as a regular balcony cabin but the balcony is huge! Since we spend more time on the balcony than in the room and it's just the 2 of us, having more room on the balcony is more important than having the few amenities that a mini-suite offers. Even if we were offered an upgrade to a mini, we would not take it! The aft cabins are quiet (only passengers who have cabins at that end will be in the hallway), the view is spectacular, and the balcony is fabulous....works for us!:D Of course, I would be happy no matter what cabin we picked...I love to cruise!

Enjoy your next cruise no matter what cabin you choose!:D

Archived