Connecting rooms on Carnival or one room on Oasis?

2910car

Last year we took our family of 14 on the Carnival Freedom. Each of our three children's families had connecting rooms for the two adults and two children each. We (grandparents) had one room - so we had seven rooms in all. Everyone had a great time. They loved that they had privacy from their children and also each family had 2 bathrooms. The kids loved Camp Carnival and the slide by the pool.

We wanted to do the same next year, but my children want to go on Oasis of the Seas. Since it is so much more expensive (we are paying for them all) we would have to take one room for each family - still four cabins. They think this would be fine. I'm not so sure, since they really enjoyed the privacy thing last year. But they think the Oasis would be worth sharing a room with their kids. The children will be ages 5-10.

I would love to hear peoples opinions. Either way it is alot of money and I want to make sure everyone is happy. Thank you.

Well since the kids want to go on the Oasis of the Seas, it is something to see so why not. My parents went along with my sister and her family this past August and and they were NOT impressed at all - 2 separate cabins. They are veteran cruisers. If the kids didn't request Oasis, I would have probably suggetsed stick to CCL with the privacy and larger room sizes. hope this helps.

I think Oasis is a ship that has to be experienced at least once, but just be aware that the rooms are small even for RCCL, and definitely smaller than on CCL. More to do on the ship, though, by far. I think the carousel alone looks super cool :cool:

2 adults and 3 kids - depends on the room. I am assuming your picking a D cat and if that's the case, 2 + 3 is too crowded. I think if it's 5 in a room you might have to a suite or family size room (not sure what its called). We never went on CCL but love the Allure but not for the rooms but everything else (though it's safe to say that I'm getting tired of RCL food - last 6 cruises on RCL seems to be very similar menus).

Archived