Best Place To Book

lmreddin

I've booked our last 4 or 5 NCL cruises with an online agency. The rate, though it's supposed to be the same, was less ($20pp...not much less) and I get an obc each time not offered by NCL.

Plus, I found out recently that we can get insurance cheaper through them! Last year I bought it on my own thru the one I used when working at a travel agency back-when. After I booked next January's cruise, I checked on insurance myself (again!) and the 'gold plan' from TG was $185!!! (I think we went into another age-bracket pricing!) Remembering the online sites insurance was $100 and change, I called them back to see what they were offering and it turned out to be TG's 'gold plan'....saving us another $85!! Personally, I do not like any cruiselines insurance, but that's just MHO!

Really though, check around and then book with whatever or whoever you feel most comfortable dealing with.

I book through an online website. It is called cruise compete. It lets you submit the price you found and then travel agencies send you bids to beat it. I have booked four cruises that way in the past 6 years and I feel I got a great deal each time.

I just booked a cruise on the Epic for June of 2012 and the price that I got for BA cabin was $800 less than what was posted on the NCL site. There is no cancellation fees and I got the coupon book and OBC to sweeten the deal.

I have never had any trouble and the people I dealt with were all great for each cruise.

I know many people who would never do that because they like knowing who they are dealing with. I enjoy having extra money to spend while on the cruise. It all depends what works best for you.

I recently used a PCC from NCL to book for next year. He told me about a discount we could use, and gave me a total price. I had to talk with others who were going to be traveling, so I did not book right then. The next day, I called the PCC to get it booked. When he told me the total it was $200 more per cabin than we discussed the day before. He claimed the price had been raised by $99 per person overnight. I expressed displeasure, and he made a big deal about talking with his supervisor to see if we could "get it closer" to the price he gave me the day before. He came back with "great news," they were going to let me book it for the price discussed the previous day. So I booked. When I got home, I checked online and the prices had not gone up at all. I think he was trying to pull a fast one on me.

Ditto

I'm pretty sure it has to be before final payment.

Thank you. Guess that leaves out the one we booked for May, but we still have time for the one we booked for next May, 2012.

How much time before final payment, just a few days? How does the travel insurance work? Do you have to use the cruiseline's or does these online travel agents have their own?

Sorry, I am rather new to this. Thank you for trying to help.

:)

I know about Cruise Compete. Have never booked through there, but have thought about it. Nice to hear of someone having good experiences there.

I book through an online website. It is called cruise compete. It lets you submit the price you found and then travel agencies send you bids to beat it. I have booked four cruises that way in the past 6 years and I feel I got a great deal each time.

I just booked a cruise on the Epic for June of 2012 and the price that I got for BA cabin was $800 less than what was posted on the NCL site. There is no cancellation fees and I got the coupon book and OBC to sweeten the deal.

I have never had any trouble and the people I dealt with were all great for each cruise.

I know many people who would never do that because they like knowing who they are dealing with. I enjoy having extra money to spend while on the cruise. It all depends what works best for you.

Thank you. Guess that leaves out the one we booked for May, but we still have time for the one we booked for next May, 2012.

How much time before final payment, just a few days? How does the travel insurance work? Do you have to use the cruiseline's or does these online travel agents have their own?

Sorry, I am rather new to this. Thank you for trying to help.

:)

I wouldn't wait later than about a month before final payment just to make sure it gets completed on time. Some TA's have final payment 1-2 weeks before NCL so they can make sure you are paid on time. Just watch what offers are around when the time gets nearer. In the meantime, watch to see what promos NCL is offering too. You can call NCL and have them adjust the price, add OBC etc depending on what is being offered and whether it stipulates new bookings only. Make sure you check whether any TA you are considering transferring to doesn't have penalties if you need to change names or cancel a booking in addition to anything NCL may charge. Just be aware that if the price of your cabin goes down but your booking included OBC, if you ask for the price adjustment you may lose the OBC.

I wouldn't wait later than about a month before final payment just to make sure it gets completed on time. Some TA's have final payment 1-2 weeks before NCL so they can make sure you are paid on time. Just watch what offers are around when the time gets nearer. In the meantime, watch to see what promos NCL is offering too. You can call NCL and have them adjust the price, add OBC etc depending on what is being offered and whether it stipulates new bookings only. Make sure you check whether any TA you are considering transferring to doesn't have penalties if you need to change names or cancel a booking in addition to anything NCL may charge. Just be aware that if the price of your cabin goes down but your booking included OBC, if you ask for the price adjustment you may lose the OBC.

Your information is so greatly appreciated. One more question, can I transfer a booking/reservation with NCL to a TA AFTER the final payment but more than a month before sailing? Just curious, as our sailing is almost sold out, and I am happy with the price and my PCC. I was just wondering, because every little bit helps. The original questions were for a cruise we are thinking about taking in 2012. PS: We have only booked last May and this May's cruise with an NCL PCC, our travel agent friend always gives me a price so much higher than the price posted on-line, then tries to sell us on another sailing that involves flying. We like leaving from New York, New Jersey would be better because we do not want the hassle of flying. After joining this board, I have read that TA's can give you a better price, and many more perks, so I figured I would give them a try. I do like the ability to receive a full refund on any NCL booked cruise up until the day of final payment. We like reserving our cabin location, I do not mind checking for price reductions, and 75 days prior to sailing, is enough notice to make arrangements to get off work, know if anything has come up, like weddings, babies, etc. We also purchase travel insurance. Thanks so much for your help.

Archived