Intercontinental - Miami

mbguill

I stayed there twice last fall. Some things dissapointing, not any better than most hotels. Nice rooms though. Service lacked in a few areas to me. My cruise roomie took the SAS shuttle and said this was the only hotel that there were no porters outside to help with her luggage. ... meanwhile I hadnt been able to check in (for 3 hours and they refused ... for my own good they claimed, to take her word for the change over the phone). They lost the change to the booking she got adding my name.

So, with three hours to wait, needless to say I was less than impressed.

I stayed there twice last fall. Some things dissapointing, not any better than most hotels. Nice rooms though. Service lacked in a few areas to me. My cruise roomie took the SAS shuttle and said this was the only hotel that there were no porters outside to help with her luggage. ... meanwhile I hadnt been able to check in (for 3 hours and they refused ... for my own good they claimed, to take her word for the change over the phone). They lost the change to the booking she got adding my name.

So, with three hours to wait, needless to say I was less than impressed.

That's a shame. The porters were all over us.

I do remember breakfast being expensive but hey, it's the IC, not the Holiday Inn.

Fantastic view of the port, assuming you pay for it.

Our Cruise is in early June. Next Dilemma is Taxi. I booked a ride (their are 5 of us) with a service for $45 from Airport to Hotel. However, I have heard from others that if you just flag down a Taxi Van its about $26 from Airport to Hotel. Anyone found that to be true ???:rolleyes:

That's a shame. The porters were all over us.

I do remember breakfast being expensive but hey, it's the IC, not the Holiday Inn.

Fantastic view of the port, assuming you pay for it.

We did like the view. I think it was $20 for the view and maybe $50 or $75 to check in early (we also used them between the two cruises).

So my friend booked the first night and I booked the other night in my name is why one wasnt in my name. We each paid for one night.

They said they couldnt take someone's word over the phone because I might just have someone else call up and they couldnt verify it was actually the person who booked.... accusing me of such ... and then telling me it was for my own good didnt go over so well with me. She did smile though while accusing me that I would try to pull one over on them.

I went over and sat with my book at Hooters on the water, which wasnt too bad. ... but I didnt like being accused like that. BS

Our Cruise is in early June. Next Dilemma is Taxi. I booked a ride (their are 5 of us) with a service for $45 from Airport to Hotel. However, I have heard from others that if you just flag down a Taxi Van its about $26 from Airport to Hotel. Anyone found that to be true ???:rolleyes:

taxi's will be lined up. Just make sure you get one that is van sized, np.

$24 plus tip.

I know it is close the port, but is it walkable with luggage? Will we need to take a taxi or shuttle? About how much will the taxi from The Intercontinental to the POM be?

Will there be taxi's at the hotel lined up, or should I pre arrange one?

Or is there a shuttle?

DH and I will be staying there the night before our 4/24 Glory trip :D

The Intercontinental is awesome, you will definitely enjoy. Definitely walk to Bayside, great Gelato!!

I would not walk, Taxis were right there at the Intercontinental when we went to the port and we have 5 in our family and took 2 taxis......Can't remember how much but not much!! I wouldn't even bother with breakfast since you can get there early and eat an early lunch on the Lido!!!

Beware of the Vans......One time we were getting off in Ft. Lauderdale and needed to get to the Ft. Lauderdale airport...... we got in a van only to find out once we reached the airport that is was priced per PERSON.....cost us over $100....it was ridiculus....lesson learned ALWAYS ask how much when it is a van...... 2 taxis would have cost probably $30, ($15 each!)

Have a great time!!

I know it is close the port, but is it walkable with luggage? Will we need to take a taxi or shuttle? About how much will the taxi from The Intercontinental to the POM be?

Will there be taxi's at the hotel lined up, or should I pre arrange one?

Or is there a shuttle?

DH and I will be staying there the night before our 4/24 Glory trip :D

We will be on the Glory also, still looking for a hotel post cruise our flight home isn't till Monday.

I would not walk it to the port from Intercontinental. I don't even consider it walkable distance but there are some that would argue that but it's also over a very very very busy causeway and I wouldn't walk the side of that road. Just the vibration would scare me. I just don't think it's safe for the $10 plus tip you'd pay. Cabs are lined up outside of the Intercontinental.

Great location.

We were allowed early check-in and upgraded to port view. (Priority Club members).

The morning of our cruise, we walked 2 blocks to a CVS for a couple things, and grabbed a Subway breakfast sandwich. Easy.

Lots of cabs, and lots of luggage porters (they insisted!!!....$$$!).

Highly recommend this place.

Peg

Good reading the comments on the Intercontinental. We are looking at the Riu and the Intercontinental. The only precruise hotel we've ever booked was in San Juan, Caribe Hilton and it was wonderful. We would like a similar experience.

Archived