help on excursions

I know I should go to the `ports of call` for specific excursions on different islands, but please see my questions and give me some clue before i move the right place.

we`ll visit Labadee, Falthmouth, Cozumel. and we will choose from the followings:zip line, swim with dolphine, diving, parasailing, maya ruins, beaches, falls, snorkling... I have no idea which is the best at which port? and we don't want to spend the whole day on port, we'd love to explore the Allure well in 7 days.

so would anyone kindly tell me which way we shoudl do find the right or the proper excursion on each island? Thanks so much for any input.

Why not pick up a guidebook on your ports from your library...you can read about each place, and get an idea of which will suit you best for the things you want to do and see!

A guidebook is invaluable for getting the most out of your short time ashore.

I know I should go to the `ports of call` for specific excursions on different islands, but please see my questions and give me some clue before i move the right place.

we`ll visit Labadee, Falthmouth, Cozumel. and we will choose from the followings:zip line, swim with dolphine, diving, parasailing, maya ruins, beaches, falls, snorkling... I have no idea which is the best at which port? and we don't want to spend the whole day on port, we'd love to explore the Allure well in 7 days.

so would anyone kindly tell me which way we shoudl do find the right or the proper excursion on each island? Thanks so much for any input.

In Cozumel do the Royal Dolphin Swim at Dolphin Discovery -

it is at Chankanaab National Park.

do a google search - they will not let me copy and paste the link

dolphin discovery cozumel.

Have fun.

We did ziplining thru a ship excursion in Falmouth. First of all, you are kind of far from everything so I would strongly recommend an excursion thru the ship.

The zip lining was a blast. Anther recommendation, they do get back up so sign up for the earliest time possible.

We had a little time to hang around the shops (such as they are) when we got back, but could have easily reboarded and explored.

In Cozumel, we book independently with Eagle Ray divers. If you want to snorkel offshore (as opposed to 3 feet of water on beach) I strongly recommend them. Just make sure you have all of your times straight. Cozumel may be different from ship's time.

You can do a 2 reef or 3 reef snorkel, depending on how much time you want to spend.

Have fun

Karen

Thanks for above info.

Dragon's breath Ziplin in Labadee: we really love this one. Is it only possible to book it with RCCL? no private provider is avalaible there?

Dunn's River Fall in Jamaica: since our port of call is Falmouth, is it too long drive from there to Dunn's River Fall? and I saw some on Youtube, I think there are too many people there? Is it relly worth time and money there? Anyone heard about Blue Hole?

Dolphin in Cozumel: actually we did this last time when we were there, kids love it SO much, they prefer to do it again, but I`m thinking if there is something else we can have good experience there?

Where can we do snorkling or snuba diving in these three ports?

Thanks for above info.

Dragon's breath Ziplin in Labadee: we really love this one. Is it only possible to book it with RCCL? no private provider is avalaible there?

Dunn's River Fall in Jamaica: since our port of call is Falmouth, is it too long drive from there to Dunn's River Fall? and I saw some on Youtube, I think there are too many people there? Is it relly worth time and money there? Anyone heard about Blue Hole?

Dolphin in Cozumel: actually we did this last time when we were there, kids love it SO much, they prefer to do it again, but I`m thinking if there is something else we can have good experience there?

Labadee is RCI's private beach - no other excursion providers are available there. The zip line is awesome!

In Cozumel we always book Nachi Cocum - a private beach where for a fixed price ($49 per adult, less for kids) you can get lunch and all the adult and kid-friendly beverages you care to drink. They also offer other activities, i.e. snorkeling, massages, parasailing, etc for additional fees. They max out at 100 guests a day, so you have reserve ahead of time.

Thanks for above info.

Hello Tobecool,

Was on the Freedom in Feb (Labadee/Montego Bay/Cayman/Cozumel).

Labadee: Zipline is great, but really really short. Jetski tour is my favorite.

Falmouth: Chukka Ranch horseback ride and swim. Had a great time, they have you bareback with the horses swimming. Been to the falls also... beautiful but not great when stuck with a group. You're right, a long bus trip to and from Falmouth. You also get 'accosted' by the merchants at the top of the falls when they herd you through their sales area. You may like the bus trip... you get to see what Jamaica is really about when not in the tourist areas. If you feel you will never visit Falmouth/OchoRios again, then the falls is the must do "been there, done that" activity.

Cozumel: I have done Dolphins at other locations twice... absolute best spot is not in Cozumel but "Delphinius" between Playa del Carmen and Cancun... they had smaller groups of 6 or 8 with each Dolphin for about 1 hour rather then a group fo 12-14 for only 30-40minutes, same price!! The funnest thing I've done in Cozumel is rent a convertable jeep for the day (5-6 rental car and scooter companies right at the port). The island is super easy to navigate, the rental companies give you a map. Visited the Mayan ruins at San Gervasio (super inexpensive), visited several bars and beaches along the way. Did a whole route of the entire island. Had a great time! If memory serves me correctly, the jeep rental was approx $50 for the day plus gas... really inexpensive for 4 adults.

Have you looked at Mystic Mountain on-line for zip lining in Falmouth? Several private tour companies go there as well as ship excursions. Dunns River Falls is 45-60 min. from Falmouth. Everything is a long drive from Falmouth.

Thanks for above info.

We did Blue Hole in 2009 with our 4 kids. You have to use a private tour guide. We used Peat Taylor. Irie Blue Hole was beautiful. Be careful there are "2" Blue Holes. Peat will take you to the real one. If you are in very good shape, there are also some great underwater caves included in the same tour. To get to them is a uphill, rocky, walk. I barely made it with my bad knee. I had just had surgery. Our kids loved it. We wanted to do something different and not too touristy like Dunns River. Go to Peat Taylors website to get prices from Falmouth. Blue Hole is near Ocho not Falmouth. You will be able to find more info in the Ports of Call section/Caribbean/Jamaica. Blue Hole was cheap from Ocho, it is more from Falmouth. It will take about 45-50 minutes to get to it from Falmouth. FYI, recently I have read that White River Tubing is a lot of fun

You will be able to find good snorkeling in Cozumel. Look at Paradise Beach in Cozumel also...the kids will have a lot of fun there.

Labadee is RCCL's private island. I don't think you will be able to do the Zipline privately. Yes, it is pretty expensive.

Have you looked at Mystic Mountain on-line for zip lining in Falmouth? Several private tour companies go there as well as ship excursions. Dunns River Falls is 45-60 min. from Falmouth. Everything is a long drive from Falmouth.

We were thinking of doing Mystic Mountain. It is a lot from Falmouth. To do all of the activities at Mystic (Bobsled,zipline,skyride) alone was $139 pp then you also have to add the tour ride there which I was quoted $55 pp to add up to be almost $200 pp and this is not including lunch. Even if you take out the Bobsled, we figured it wasn't worth the cost and long drive. It's stinks that a lot of the good things are in Ocho. I really don't want to spend that much time just sitting in a bus or cab with 4 kids.

Archived