FLL to Miami Cruise port

springclean02

I know this has been asked many of times of who to use for this transport. We were going to use SAS transportation but then heard the trip might be longer then expected because they will stop in Miami hotels to pickup other people. Does anyone have any comment about this ? We have a flight that comes with not much time before the ship has to leave and worried that SAS might not be a good idea.

Anyone have any thoughts or comments about this issue ?

I know this has been asked many of times of who to use for this transport. We were going to use SAS transportation but then heard the trip might be longer then expected because they will stop in Miami hotels to pickup other people. Does anyone have any comment about this ? We have a flight that comes with not much time before the ship has to leave and worried that SAS might not be a good idea.

How much time do you have? We had to do the reverse and rented a car. yes for the short drive, proved to be cheaper than a shuttle and we got there in 30 minutes after car pick up....car rental that has drop off at POM is Hertz only.....or was so as of Dec. 2010...cost us $31.00

Enjoy your cruise

I was looking at the option of renting a car and driving to the port. But hertz website said you couldnt drop off cars at the port location. Did i look at the wrong place?

Drop off is in Miami - one mile from port and they shuttle you to ship.

Address is 354 SE First Street - 1.96 miles 786-425-2515

Flying in the day of a cruise is always risky :eek: SAS will not be picking up passengers at Miami hotels or anywhere else once they leave the FLL area. Typical trip times will be 40 or so minutes. Good luck! :)

There are other van services...We used GO airport shuttle once for a FLL to POM run..it was about 45 minutes...Interstate 95 is quite busy this is what I would worry about if you have tight scheduling...Traffic would/could be a concern..GO airport shuttle was reasonable and they would drop you off right at the ship, no need to do paperwork with a rental..There are other van services...google them and get a price comparison...It would be your private van so no need to worry about other stops...

Good luck, enjoy

Bee

Archived