Missed boat??

Boatingmom

We just did this excursion 2 weeks ago. They got us back by 2:00-2:30 and last tender was 4:30 for 5:00 o'clock departure.

They know that if their customers miss this ship it is bad for business.....they are very careful of the timetables involved.....go and have fun

Anybody ever missed the ship's last tender after doing an excursion with Coral Breezes?? More specifically the Caye Calker excursion???????????????????????????????

We used them on the Caye Caulker excursion and the small boat they used was brutal. Engine problems and overwash on the way and we were soaked. I asked to return on the ferry and they told me a special ferry was on the way to take us back. There were about 20 on the dock waiting; the regular ferry came and could only take 2 or 3 on board due to overcrowding.

I really did not believe in this "special ferry" .

This is very flat territory and you can see for miles. No boat on the horizon and we reluctantly went back in the same awful boat, as we could not risk missing the ship.

We never saw any boat heading to pick up the people on the dock and I assume they missed their sailing.

I would never trust them again. They are growing beyond their capacity in my opinion. Our first trip was wonderful. It was the same boat they now use for divers. Timing is important as the ride to and from Caye Caulker is about 45 minutes to one hour dependent on weather, and the engines working.

You need to consider this even with the regular ferry. If you go in the AM and wait until the last ferry before your sailing, you might not be able to board if they are overloaded.

Interesting post.... The boat we were on was quite large...and the ride was nice. It took perhaps 30 minutes, not 45 to 1 hour. when we checked in I asked which boat we would be using and the large boat was docked right there. I guess it could be a totally different experience with a small boat.

Interesting post.... The boat we were on was quite large...and the ride was nice. It took perhaps 30 minutes, not 45 to 1 hour. when we checked in I asked which boat we would be using and the large boat was docked right there. I guess it could be a totally different experience with a small boat.

I have been boating all of my life and I tell you this was not a good experience. I do not like engines that cut out without notice; large amounts of water soaking us and no way to get to a better seat. This boat was maybe 25 foot long with about 20 people onboard. We were wedged in where we were seated in the stern. I have been on the large one and it was fine.

Wowza......our boat in our backyard (we live on a canal) is 20 ft (rated for 7 people) and I gotta tell you......if you have been around boats all your life then you would know that a 25 ft boat is not meant to hold 20 people. There is NO way I would have even gotten on a 25 ft boat with 19 other people, period.

Archived