Celebrity Passage Certificate

jerseygirl3

We'll be onboard RCI next week and plan on visiting the Future Cruise Consultant. There is a Celebrity cruise that we plan to book and want to take advantage of the lower deposit.

We are also interested in purchasing a couple of Celebrity Passage Certificates. If I buy two and just put one name on each (my name on one, DH on the other), how does that work when we go to use it? Do I add the other person's name at the time we book a specific cruise and if so, do we just pay the add'l $100 for the add'l person, or is a full deposit required?

TIA!

We'll be onboard RCI next week and plan on visiting the Future Cruise Consultant. There is a Celebrity cruise that we plan to book and want to take advantage of the lower deposit.

We are also interested in purchasing a couple of Celebrity Passage Certificates. If I buy two and just put one name on each (my name on one, DH on the other), how does that work when we go to use it? Do I add the other person's name at the time we book a specific cruise and if so, do we just pay the add'l $100 for the add'l person, or is a full deposit required?

TIA!

Anybody know the answer to this?

Here is some info that might answer some of your questions.

I had posted this last November on another thread.

Re:Open Passages booking. A reduced, non refundable deposit of $100 per person gets you a certificate that does not expire and is good for booking a future cruise. You pay less up front and no additional funds are required until you make final payment. Plus you get a Friends and Family Certificate for each one purchased.

Plus there is onboard credit. Per cabin:

$50 for 4-5 nights

$100 for 6-9 nights

$200 for 10-13 nights

$300 for 14+ nights

This is not combinable with other Celebrity coupons or the shareholder benefit, but for those who don’t own stock this would be a good OBC.

The Captain’s Club hostess gave us a real handy tip. Buy the Open Passages booking in one name only and only pay the $100 deposit for one person instead of 2. You can add the other name when you make the actual booking. Soooo……we bought 2 …one in each name to use for our next 2 cruises. Only paid a total of $200 instead of $400.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We bought 2 while on the Solstice recently and just used 1 of them last week when we booked the April Transatlantic.

All we had to do was add the $100 depost for me, making the total deposit for that cruise only $200 instead of $900. Love it!

Another thing...after you make a booking you are not locked into that itinerary. You can change it without penalty up until final payment is due as long as you keep the same booking number.

The Friends and Family certificate allows another cabin to be booked at the same low deposit and also recieve the same OBC as you. It must be the same sailing and booked within 30 days of the original booking. It's great if you are traveling with family or friends...even your own kids that would need a cabin of their own....same low deposit and OBC.

Keep in mind that a travel agent OBC IS combinable, so if you play your cards right you could end up with a nice spending allowance for your cruise.

Here is some info that might answer some of your questions.

I had posted this last November on another thread.

Re:Open Passages booking. A reduced, non refundable deposit of $100 per person gets you a certificate that does not expire and is good for booking a future cruise. You pay less up front and no additional funds are required until you make final payment. Plus you get a Friends and Family Certificate for each one purchased.

Plus there is onboard credit. Per cabin:

$50 for 4-5 nights

$100 for 6-9 nights

$200 for 10-13 nights

$300 for 14+ nights

This is not combinable with other Celebrity coupons or the shareholder benefit, but for those who don’t own stock this would be a good OBC.

The Captain’s Club hostess gave us a real handy tip. Buy the Open Passages booking in one name only and only pay the $100 deposit for one person instead of 2. You can add the other name when you make the actual booking. Soooo……we bought 2 …one in each name to use for our next 2 cruises. Only paid a total of $200 instead of $400.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We bought 2 while on the Solstice recently and just used 1 of them last week when we booked the April Transatlantic.

All we had to do was add the $100 depost for me, making the total deposit for that cruise only $200 instead of $900. Love it!

Another thing...after you make a booking you are not locked into that itinerary. You can change it without penalty up until final payment is due as long as you keep the same booking number.

The Friends and Family certificate allows another cabin to be booked at the same low deposit and also recieve the same OBC as you. It must be the same sailing and booked within 30 days of the original booking. It's great if you are traveling with family or friends...even your own kids that would need a cabin of their own....same low deposit and OBC.

Keep in mind that a travel agent OBC IS combinable, so if you play your cards right you could end up with a nice spending allowance for your cruise.

Char, thank you so much! That's exactly the information I was looking for!

Looks like we'll purchase 2 while onboard and just use one name!

Jo-Ann

Char, thank you so much! That's exactly the information I was looking for!

Looks like we'll purchase 2 while onboard and just use one name!

Jo-Ann

I think this is one of the better deals you can get on any cruiseline! Any time I can keep money in my pocket until final payment makes me very happy! :D

I just booked Australia/NZ for Jan 2013. 12 night cruise would have given me an extra 200 OBC over what my TA gives me.

We did not use my Passages certificate. There was a Captain's CLub discount of 250 per stateroom (alas not combinable) -- so it cost $50 less than using Passages. Passages does not expire so I will hopefully use next booking.

I just booked Australia/NZ for Jan 2013. 12 night cruise would have given me an extra 200 OBC over what my TA gives me.

We did not use my Passages certificate. There was a Captain's CLub discount of 250 per stateroom (alas not combinable) -- so it cost $50 less than using Passages. Passages does not expire so I will hopefully use next booking.

Yep, sounds like a good decision in this case. Only downside is having to put down full deposit vs. $100/pp deposit.

Surprisingly, they applied my 100 Passages deposit and took another 100 for my husband.

So it sounds like they DID use your Passages Certificate. Better double check; you may think you still have a Passages Certificate when you really don't.

I'm not sure why they would only charge you $100/pp deposit unless they were using your Celebrity Passages certificate.

So it sounds like they DID use your Passages Certificate. Better double check; you may think you still have a Passages Certificate when you really don't.

I'm not sure why they would only charge you $100/pp deposit unless they were using your Celebrity Passages certificate.

Here's my guess. The booking was first made as a Passages booking. When the TA learned that the CC credit was greater than the OBC, he changed the booking. The original deposit was there. It remains to be seen if Celebrity requests an additional deposit. No problem.

If you do not submit the original Passages form to Celebrity, you have not used it!

Here's my guess. The booking was first made as a Passages booking. When the TA learned that the CC credit was greater than the OBC, he changed the booking. The original deposit was there. It remains to be seen if Celebrity requests an additional deposit. No problem.

If you do not submit the original Passages form to Celebrity, you have not used it!

I have never sent my Passages certificates to Celebrity or to my travel agent. They use the number associated with your certificate. Once that number has been used and entered into the reservation system the certificate cannot be used again for another cruise.

Double check with your TA to make sure that you still have a valid certificate to use in the future.

I have never sent my Passages certificates to Celebrity or to my travel agent. They use the number associated with your certificate. Once that number has been used and entered into the reservation system the certificate cannot be used again for another cruise.

Double check with your TA to make sure that you still have a valid certificate to use in the future.

That doesn't make any sense. If it works the way you describe, then if you cancel the original booking and can't use it for a different one, you would be out your deposit that you paid for the Passages certificate. I know they are non-refundable, but they never expire.

I believe you are incorrect in saying that if you cancel one cruise you can't use it for another.

That doesn't make any sense. If it works the way you describe, then if you cancel the original booking and can't use it for a different one, you would be out your deposit that you paid for the Passages certificate. I know they are non-refundable, but they never expire.

I believe you are incorrect in saying that if you cancel one cruise you can't use it for another.

I'm looking at my last certificate and it says:

"Changes to the reservation may be permitted, subject to availability and any other restrictions and any applicable cancellation charges."

I was told that the booking could be changed to another Celebrity ship/sail date, but you would lose it if canceled outright after applying your certificate to a specific sailing.

Has anyone found it to be otherwise? We all know how the answer can be different depending on who you talk to at Celebrity! :p

You can transfer the booking # to another cruise and keep the benefits of your passages purchase except room upgrades. You can transfer it as many times as you like before a final payment is due for the currently booked cruise. If you cancel a cruise the passages and deposit is gone. My daughter has moved hers 3 times because of family circumstances. She has just chosen a cruise far in the future to put it on when she couldn't take her last cruise. When she finds what she wants to do she'll transfer it to that cruise. You always keep the same reservation # (the original passages #). The difference is you have to say you want to transfer your cruise reservation # NOT cancel a cruise. Hope this helps.

Just another wrinkle to add.....I called my favorite online cruise agent to book a cruise offered for "Captains Club" members. The only way to receive this "special" was to book a suite. Didn't do that so I figured it was safe to use my passages. I was wrong. The agent offered pre-paid gratuities but then said I could not use my passages with that offer. It was a 14 day for 2012 but they would not take it. I even had it sent to my agent when I booked it in January. What am I doing wrong if some can combine and some cannot?

Just another wrinkle to add.....I called my favorite online cruise agent to book a cruise offered for "Captains Club" members. The only way to receive this "special" was to book a suite. Didn't do that so I figured it was safe to use my passages. I was wrong. The agent offered pre-paid gratuities but then said I could not use my passages with that offer. It was a 14 day for 2012 but they would not take it. I even had it sent to my agent when I booked it in January. What am I doing wrong if some can combine and some cannot?

I booked a 14 day on the Equinox for 2012 today. I got $300. dollars on board credit with the passages. It was less with the captain's club offer and a higher deposit. They said no combining one or the other on the offers,.

One minor watch out about buying a Passages certificate in one name.

In order to use the certificate, at least one of the names on the certificate must be on the reservation that uses the certificate.

In other words, if there is a single name on the certificate and he/she cannot go on the cruise, the certificate cannot be used.

Art

Can someone clarify this for me? We booked two passages "future" cruise certificates two years ago. We had to transfer them once and will be using the certificates on our upcoming B2B. I notice however, that other than the $100 credit for the certificates, and the OBC from the TA, I don't see any additional OBC from Celebrity.

Is this additional OBC from Celebrity something that we'll see reflected once we board, or should it be noted on our TA's invoice? I want to make sure that we don't lose out on it, but yet I also want to make sure we're entitled to it.

Mary

Can someone clarify this for me? We booked two passages "future" cruise certificates two years ago. We had to transfer them once and will be using the certificates on our upcoming B2B. I notice however, that other than the $100 credit for the certificates, and the OBC from the TA, I don't see any additional OBC from Celebrity.

Is this additional OBC from Celebrity something that we'll see reflected once we board, or should it be noted on our TA's invoice? I want to make sure that we don't lose out on it, but yet I also want to make sure we're entitled to it.

Mary

What additional OBC are you looking for?

I just looked over our passages certificates. We purchased them in late 2008, and according to the certificate, we paid $200 per Passages, because both our names are on each certificate. Noted on the certificate, is OBC based on total cruise price only, not per night, as reflected in an earlier post. This is what threw me off.

On the invoice from my TA, there is his OBC and $100 credit for purchasing the Passages. The breakdown on the certificate is:

TOTAL CRUISE-ONLY FARE ON BOARD CREDIT

$0001 - $2,499 $50 per stateroom

$2,500 - $3,999 $100 per stateroom

$4,000 - $5,999 $150 per stateroom

$6,000 - $7,499 $200 per stateroom

$7,500 + $300 per stateroom

This is different from what was posted earlier, and I wonder if the breakdown has changed from total cruise price to nights sailed? With what I have we wouldn't qualify for any additional credit. Our first cruise is 16 nights, and our second is 10. I like the breakdown better per night, but I guess, with what our Passages states, that's all we get.

If I'm wrong, please correct me.:)

Mary

I just looked over our passages certificates. We purchased them in late 2008, and according to the certificate, we paid $200 per Passages, because both our names are on each certificate. Noted on the certificate, is OBC based on total cruise price only, not per night, as reflected in an earlier post. This is what threw me off.

On the invoice from my TA, there is his OBC and $100 credit for purchasing the Passages. The breakdown on the certificate is:

TOTAL CRUISE-ONLY FARE ON BOARD CREDIT

$0001 - $2,499 $50 per stateroom

$2,500 - $3,999 $100 per stateroom

$4,000 - $5,999 $150 per stateroom

$6,000 - $7,499 $200 per stateroom

$7,500 + $300 per stateroom

This is different from what was posted earlier, and I wonder if the breakdown has changed from total cruise price to nights sailed? With what I have we wouldn't qualify for any additional credit. Our first cruise is 16 nights, and our second is 10. I like the breakdown better per night, but I guess, with what our Passages states, that's all we get.

If I'm wrong, please correct me.:)

Mary

Your Passages certificate is different from those that Celebrity is now issuing. I got mine in November. The OBC is based on the number of nights sailing, not cruise price -- 100, 200 or 300 for up to 14 nights. Seems like the new system is a better deal.

What additional OBC are you looking for?

They are looking for the OBC for using the Passages Certificate. According to their invoice, right now their invoice just shows what their TA is giving them and crediting them the amount they paid for the Passages Certificate.

I'm wondering if your TA sent you Celebrity's actual invoice that they send to the TA's. If so, the TA's OBC won't show up on that but will be credited when you are onboard the ship. If that's what you have then the $100 OBC is from the Celebrity Passages certificate and not from the TA. However, if it's the TA's personal invoice, then that would be a different story.

We recently cruised on Eclipse, and my invoice from my TA (we booked into a group cruise that my TA hosted) showed just my shareholder OBC and my BOA Amex OBC that I had redeemed. When I called Celebrity to ask why the other $100 OBC from my TA wasn't showing, she said that won't show on the invoice from Celebrity, but will be on my account when I'm onboard the ship...and it was.

Jo-Ann

Thanks, Jo-Ann. My invoice is directly from the TA, and with the OBC listed on our Passages, I don't expect anything further. However, I plan to take the papers with us when we board, and approach Celebrity with the "question", "Since we bought the Passages a few years ago, and are just using them now........". I don't expect anything more, but hey, I can ask if they might honor the new offer.:)

Mary

Archived