Celebrity Passage Certificate

jerseygirl3

Reading through this thread, I just want to make sure I understand the Passages certificate. We generally book our next cruise while we are onboard. Is this certificate like booking a cruise onboard, except that you don't have to pick a specific cruise? Can it only be done onboard?

Is there a downside?

Thank you for your help.

Reading through this thread, I just want to make sure I understand the Passages certificate. We generally book our next cruise while we are onboard. Is this certificate like booking a cruise onboard, except that you don't have to pick a specific cruise? Can it only be done onboard?

Is there a downside?

Thank you for your help.

Hi, you are correct. If you know you are going to crusie again but you

have not made a decision about which specific sailing then buy a passage.

It is only 100.00:) Downside is? Well, it is non-refundable but if you

know you are taking another cruise there is no downside;)

Yes, a passage can only be booked while you are on board (well, I am

99% sure)...if not, I am sure someone else will correct me.

The only time I ever buy a passage is while I am on a cruise.

Hi, you are correct. If you know you are going to crusie again but you

have not made a decision about which specific sailing then buy a passage.

It is only 100.00:) Downside is? Well, it is non-refundable but if you

know you are taking another cruise there is no downside;)

Yes, a passage can only be booked while you are on board (well, I am

99% sure)...if not, I am sure someone else will correct me.

The only time I ever buy a passage is while I am on a cruise.

Thanks Lois, that is what I wanted to know.

• 3 months later...
Here is some info that might answer some of your questions.

I had posted this last November on another thread.

Re:Open Passages booking. A reduced, non refundable deposit of $100 per person gets you a certificate that does not expire and is good for booking a future cruise. You pay less up front and no additional funds are required until you make final payment. Plus you get a Friends and Family Certificate for each one purchased.

Plus there is onboard credit. Per cabin:

$50 for 4-5 nights

$100 for 6-9 nights

$200 for 10-13 nights

$300 for 14+ nights

This is not combinable with other Celebrity coupons or the shareholder benefit, but for those who don’t own stock this would be a good OBC.

The Captain’s Club hostess gave us a real handy tip. Buy the Open Passages booking in one name only and only pay the $100 deposit for one person instead of 2. You can add the other name when you make the actual booking. Soooo……we bought 2 …one in each name to use for our next 2 cruises. Only paid a total of $200 instead of $400.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We bought 2 while on the Solstice recently and just used 1 of them last week when we booked the April Transatlantic.

All we had to do was add the $100 depost for me, making the total deposit for that cruise only $200 instead of $900. Love it!

Another thing...after you make a booking you are not locked into that itinerary. You can change it without penalty up until final payment is due as long as you keep the same booking number.

The Friends and Family certificate allows another cabin to be booked at the same low deposit and also recieve the same OBC as you. It must be the same sailing and booked within 30 days of the original booking. It's great if you are traveling with family or friends...even your own kids that would need a cabin of their own....same low deposit and OBC.

Keep in mind that a travel agent OBC IS combinable, so if you play your cards right you could end up with a nice spending allowance for your cruise.

Hi Char (and Bob)......or anyone else who might be able to help.

We didn't get the Friends and Family certificate when we got our recent Open Passages booking. Is there anyway to use this benefit without having the "piece of paper"?

Hi Char (and Bob)......or anyone else who might be able to help.

We didn't get the Friends and Family certificate when we got our recent Open Passages booking. Is there anyway to use this benefit without having the "piece of paper"?

Hey Suzy! I do not know if you can use the friends and family option without the "piece of paper". You might call Celebrity (Captain's Club desk might be the best bet) and ask them about it. When we purchased ours it was included. This is something that may not be an option now...I don't know. Hope you get a positive reply from Celebrity. :)

Hey Suzy! I do not know if you can use the friends and family option without the "piece of paper". You might call Celebrity (Captain's Club desk might be the best bet) and ask them about it. When we purchased ours it was included. This is something that may not be an option now...I don't know. Hope you get a positive reply from Celebrity. :)

Hi to you and Bob too! I called Celebrity and was told they don't have anything to do with the certificates as they're given out on the ship. I think I'll call back tomorrow and speak to Captain's Club. Who knows....I might get a different answer. ;)

I have a letter attached to my Celebrity Passages Certificate from the Cruise Sales Manager which states:

Dear Mr & Mrs XXXXXX

Thank you for booking a Celebrity Passage!

When you are ready to book your future cruise, please contact your Preferred Travel Agent or Celebrity Cruises to book your desired itinerary. During the booking process please ask them to send the 2 Family and Friends Certificates, which you may pass onto your family and friends for their future cruise booking.

Please have your family or friends book within 30 days of your reservation, and they will receive the same tiered onboard credit for their future cruise. For further information regarding your Celebrity Passage, please call 1-888-727-4906.

While we were on this cruise (the Millie), we and our friends did five bookings to SA for friends (who were not traveling with us) who wanted to join us on the Infinity. We just needed their CC # and names to book and they got all the same perks for booking on board. I didn't ask but I am sure you should be able to book Passages for someone else as well. Hope this helps:)

Hi to you and Bob too! I called Celebrity and was told they don't have anything to do with the certificates as they're given out on the ship. I think I'll call back tomorrow and speak to Captain's Club. Who knows....I might get a different answer. ;)

I called Captain's Club yesterday and the rep I spoke with said "no problem". All you need are the two booking numbers......the one for the person who has the Passages booking and the "friend". I'm glad I called again. :)

I called Captain's Club yesterday and the rep I spoke with said "no problem". All you need are the two booking numbers......the one for the person who has the Passages booking and the "friend". I'm glad I called again. :)

Excellent! Glad to hear that it is available to you without having the "piece of paper". :D

• 4 weeks later...

Good info on this thread! :)

I bought a Celebrity Passages on Royal's AoS last autumn (2010) and the Future Cruise gal, never sent any certificate or F&F vouchers to our cabin, she just gave us a computer print-out with the booking number and it did cause a problem when we went to book because X was claiming I needed "paper" for F & F's because they were no longer offering the F & F's. My TA had to talk to many people to get me the F & F's.

When I google "Celebrity Passages" I get a link to the RCCL site for a pdf file which seems directed to TAs http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/11022582_CEL_Passages.pdf which is dated 4/2011 and says there are still F & F certificates, so, so much for what Celebrity told me when I booked back in Jan. 2011. :rolleyes:

When I google "Royal Caribbean NextCruise" I do not get links to any similar pdf. :(

Does anyone here have details regarding NextCruise, so I can decide whether to buy one on my next sailing? :confused:

Thanks,

Sylvia

Archived