A short review of my B2B cruises on the Serenade

DW and I were on the Serenade, along with friends, for B2B sailings 2/26/2011 and 3/5/2011. Overall the cruises were wonderful. The ship is beautiful. All of the employees were awesome. The entertainment was adequate.

My only complaint is that everywhere it was VERY LOUD! The shows in the Tropical Theater were so loud that we all wore ear plugs. I asked others about what they thought of the sound volume and the responses were that their ears hurt from the extreme volume. The volume for all other music and announced events were of equally extreme sound levels. In the main lobby on deck 4 there was live music every day starting in the late afternoon and going until after midnight. The Guest Relations desk is located there and you could not talk to the help there without shouting. This area is open all the way up to the 11th floor. The music reverberates throughout the entire area including the supposedly quiet library. Bring lots of ear plugs if you value your hearing.

These were my first cruises on RCCL after 17 cruises on other lines. I have NEVER heard loud music in the lobby area on any other ship. This should be a relatively quiet area where you can easily ask questions of the guest relations people.

DW and I were on the Serenade, along with friends, for B2B sailings 2/26/2011 and 3/5/2011. Overall the cruises were wonderful. The ship is beautiful. All of the employees were awesome. The entertainment was adequate.

My only complaint is that everywhere it was VERY LOUD! The shows in the Tropical Theater were so loud that we all wore ear plugs. I asked others about what they thought of the sound volume and the responses were that their ears hurt from the extreme volume. The volume for all other music and announced events were of equally extreme sound levels. In the main lobby on deck 4 there was live music every day starting in the late afternoon and going until after midnight. The Guest Relations desk is located there and you could not talk to the help there without shouting. This area is open all the way up to the 11th floor. The music reverberates throughout the entire area including the supposedly quiet library. Bring lots of ear plugs if you value your hearing.

These were my first cruises on RCCL after 17 cruises on other lines. I have NEVER heard loud music in the lobby area on any other ship. This should be a relatively quiet area where you can easily ask questions of the guest relations people.

I was on the Serenade early Feb and didin't experience that problem.

:)

This happened to us also. During the early evenings there was a singer in the Centrum that was way to loud. Sitting at the Champagne Bar we had a difficult time hearing each other. The bar staff did call to someone and the volume was lowered a bit.

Archived