Princess Listing "Guarantee" but no particular cabins, what does this mean?

runnerodb83

Background: There are several of us on here that are GTY booked inside on an Island Princess repositioning in May. They've opened up N, M, L, G, HH which were previously "waitlist". I know there are only a few of these cabins on the Island and when you go to book, you are given the "guarantee" option only. Is it wishful thinking that princess is trying to get people to book at a low price for guarantee only to bump them up in order to entice more bookings into these low catgories? Mind you, we are in the final payment period. Anyone have thoughts on this?

I would tend to think the same thing. On our cruise (to depart in May) they had the lowest category balconies (BF) showing at a nice rate and were shown as guarantee for a while there before final payment. There are only 4 rooms in this category so it seemed like they were bumping people into higher categories. Now they are showing actual room numbers for this category so I think anyone that bought the guarantees a few months ago must have been upgraded. Seems to make sense to me!

I would tend to think the same thing. On our cruise (to depart in May) they had the lowest category balconies (BF) showing at a nice rate and were shown as guarantee for a while there before final payment. There are only 4 rooms in this category so it seemed like they were bumping people into higher categories. Now they are showing actual room numbers for this category so I think anyone that bought the guarantees a few months ago must have been upgraded. Seems to make sense to me!

I should add that most of us that booked gty booked them a while ago in JJ or higher, inside rooms on Baja or Aloha decks. Hoping for a good upgrade.

You will get a cabin in the category you booked or better. Often, it is a cabin of the same type, but a higher category.

I was actually commenting on the fact that princess was showing cat N and M rooms on the Island Princess as available, but only in the form as a GTY booking, which is especially interesting as there are only 2 N rooms, and 4 M rooms.

I was actually commenting on the fact that princess was showing cat N and M rooms on the Island Princess as available, but only in the form as a GTY booking, which is especially interesting as there are only 2 N rooms, and 4 M rooms.

I have ended up with the GTY cabin class I booked many times even though there was only 2 or 4 of that class, don't get your hopes up.

It sounds to me that there were cancelations or cabins released by TAs. The bottom line is that it means the ship is sold out or close to sold out. If you are "upgraded," chances are that you'll get the cabin you booked in a different location. Sometimes, that means being put into a cabin others don't want. Booking a GTY is a gamble. Others have posted recently that they got their cabin assignment and even though they were "upgraded," they were unhappy with the cabin/location. You take your chances.

It sounds to me that there were cancelations or cabins released by TAs. The bottom line is that it means the ship is sold out or close to sold out. If you are "upgraded," chances are that you'll get the cabin you booked in a different location. Sometimes, that means being put into a cabin others don't want. Booking a GTY is a gamble. Others have posted recently that they got their cabin assignment and even though they were "upgraded," they were unhappy with the cabin/location. You take your chances.

Pam is right. I booked an HH cat. guarantee for my upcoming cruise on the Sapphire, and I received my assignment this morning. Cabin E506 directly above the Explorers lounge... :( I asked my TA to throw me back in the HH guarantee category... Fortunately, my husband I do not suffer from motion sickness, so we are happy either at the back or the front of the ship, so we are willing to take our chances.

Archived