All Century Veranda Balcony Sizes Created Equal?

LBCABob

Am considering an upgrade to Veranda on upcoming Century cruise and would prefer a balcony that can accomodate 1 or 2 lounges rather than just a small table & 2 chairs (wouldn't everyone?). Only C1, C2, FV and 2A/B categories are available and from what I have been able to find here, only the aft FV cabins have a balcony that is large enough (e.g. 9245 which has 2 lounges, 2 chair & a table).

Am I correct in my research or do other Veranda cabins (e.g. Cx 9149 or 1024) also have wider/deeper balconies?

Any assistance/guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Anne, you make a good point. I had read about the bed with 3 walls but did not understand it until I came across a photo (of 9245). Certainly odd. Even more so is the lack of nightstand(s). And poor line-of-sight to TV (although you are not supposed to be watching TV if on a great cruise :D).

But, that larger balcony with the 2 lounge chairs is very tempting. From what I have read here from those who have stayed in the deck 9 FV, the balcony seems to be pretty private, too, bringing up the possibility of getting that "all over" tan I have always heard about :).

We'll be in 9245 in a couple of weeks on the Century. Will post back here about our experience. I'm not bothered about the bed or the TV.

The extra room in the cabin and that large balcony with the loungers is what I'm looking forward to. Hope DH agrees, this is a surprise for him.

About that "all over" tan,LCBABob, if you look at some exterior pics of the aft, it looks as though the upper balconies look down on each other.

So you may want to check it out first.;):)

Archived