Weight issues with zipline

JdoggCruiser

Ocho Rios is later in the week isn't it? By then you'll have had plenty to eat and drink on the cruise so you might be nearing 270. I think you might want to choose a different excursion.

Thats what my wife said! Ok so maybe planting my a$$ at margarittaville is not a bad idea.

We did the zipline/river tubing combo in Ochos Rios. BIL was about 268 lbs. - he did it without any problem. I made sure to go before him in case the line broke while he was on it - LOL!:p There is no scale there. They never questioned his wt - he is only about 5'6", so there is no mistaking he is "fluffy" for his ht. It was a lot of fun!

I remember having once read on these boards that the general rule for weight loads is the same as it is on airplanes. No more than 2-1/2 pounds per inch of height. I know the airlines don't enforce this (except maybe to charge for another seat), but this seems about right to me.

Archived