Waterworks On Carnival Dream???

defeser

My family and I will be on the Dream on July 30. We can't wait! I do have a few questions about Waterworks. My daughter is four years old and 41" tall (with flip-flops...:D). She loves the water and is very excited about the slides! Can anyone tell me, with certainty, whether or not she will be allowed to go on down any of the slides with her older brother? Also, what is there in Waterworks other than the slides? Any pics would be also be greatly appreciated! Thanks and happy sailing! ;)

Ours was able to do all 4.....

There are the little slides, just a few steps up.

Then there is the longer side by side slide, with more steps, that she was able to do.

Finally, she did both of the bigger things as well. One you had to climb up a lot of steps and you came down in the tube. The other was the "toilet bowel' kind of things where you circled around as you came down.

She loved them ALL!!!

Have a great time.

Ours was able to do all 4.....

Finally, she did both of the bigger things as well. One you had to climb up a lot of steps and you came down in the tube. The other was the "toilet bowel' kind of things where you circled around as you came down.

She loved them ALL!!!

Have a great time.

For both the Twister and the Drain Pipe, you climb the same stairs to the top. There are two openings up there. The left one puts you in the Twister, the right one in the Drain Pipe. http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2360295650030186251JQIfJQ

Fire, that sign was for the Mini Works only. I don't think there is a weight limit on the Drain Pipe or Twister slide.

Here is how the Drain Pipe works. You climb and climb and climb (If nobody's in line, it seems like a long climb because you can't rest. :eek:).

At the top, you get into the right chute. Wait for the operator to give you the go ahead, then grab the overhead bar, sit down and push yourself off. The first time I did it, I put my arms beside me. You go through the tube, then come out into the Drain Pipe. You circle around it a couple of times if you have built up enough speed. Just as I entered the pipe, I bounced a little and hit my head on the bottom of the tube. The next time I did it, I cupped my hands behind my head and pulled up on them as I entered the tube. I didn't hit my head that time. When you get done circling the tube, you stand up and look for the opening in the stairs to exit. Most people can't find it right away.

Thank you for this thread and all of the replies! This is exactly what I was looking for. My youngest will be 4 and I was hoping I could go down with her. Guess not. :( But it sure looks like fun! When she's at the camp - mom will be sliding!! :)

Archived