Early Saver or Past Guest??

ToesntheSand

I am looking at booking the Dream for October. I am a past guest but right now the early saver is cheaper. I was looking at booking a spa room. Should I go with past guest rate or early saver?

ETA: Will booking early saver mess up our past guest status towards platinum?

I am looking at booking the Dream for October. I am a past guest but right now the early saver is cheaper. I was looking at booking a spa room. Should I go with past guest rate or early saver?

ETA: Will booking early saver mess up our past guest status towards platinum?[/quote]

No .

Personally i would book PG.

Carnival has`changed ES so much ,it's just to much of a hassle to bother with.

I personally would disagree with this statement. I have 4 cabins booked early saver right now for our cruise in November, and with price drops we have saved around $1200. It is easy to fill out online form and submit it. I am not even too concerned about the "cancellation policy", to me losing $50 is worth the risk. It is a risk/reward thing going with Early Saver...

Again...this is all just my opinion, everyone is allowed to have their own.

I personally would disagree with this statement. I have 4 cabins booked early saver right now for our cruise in November, and with price drops we have saved around $1200. It is easy to fill out online form and submit it. I am not even too concerned about the "cancellation policy", to me losing $50 is worth the risk. It is a risk/reward thing going with Early Saver...

Your post reads like you get attacked for you opinion here on CC, not from me ;).

congrats on your 1200 buck save .

Your post reads like you get attacked for you opinion here on CC, not from me ;).

congrats on your 1200 buck save .

Lol...sometimes. I know that some people get really offended when you offer an opinion different from theirs. :cool:

I used early saver before, it was a real pain when someone cancelled and I had to replace them or lose 500 bucks. No name changes you know....

Now, still now name changes, but they charge you 50 pp for the cancellation and you can use the remainder of your deposit towards another cruise within TWO YEARS. that was a change they made after MANY complaints.

I probably would not use it again and would go with the past guest rate, it is not much more most times and would be worth the extra 30 or so bucks a person. Only thing is, if the price drops after final payment, which it does quite often, you will not get that money back. You may be able to talk them into an upgrade or obc.

Other booking categories can also have their prices reduced if it is before final payment... its after final payment that the real benefit of early saver kicks in...

Both of my currently booked cruises are early saver ;)

Lol...sometimes. I know that some people get really offended when you offer an opinion different from theirs. :cool:

I love CC for all the info I can get and always appreciate it. I always like hearing someone's opinions-just really bothers me when people get nasty and attack someone personally for their opinions. I am glad this did not happen here.

Archived