Well, We Did It!

ducklite

Got a 2/1 offer to add another week onto our Venice to Athens cruise, so we jumped on it. We're now cruising Rome to Athens in June of 2012. We had to give up our pre-cruise week in Italy, but to be honest right now is not the time in my life to have to be planning that out. With cruising it's so much easier, you book the cruise, choose a handful or shore excursions, and let the cruise line do the rest.

The only port we repeat is Dubrovnik, which is fine as there seems to be so much to see and do there that even in two days we'll want more time.

Both of the cruises we're on are affiliated with wineries, so I'm sure we'll need a liver transplant before we get back. ;)

I've spent a lot of time researching Windstar (after a bad experience with RCCL we wanted to make sure it was a good fit) and it seems perfect for us. It seems that a lot of the things we hate about mass market cruising are absent on Windstar--no pool chair hogs, belly flop contests, pushing of alcohol, ships photographers in your face, etc.

If the kind (and civilized compared to most of these forums!) people on this forum are any indication of the people we'll be cruising with, we're going to have a great time!

"no pool chair hogs"

Trust me, we've been on over a dozen Windstar cruises and there have been some of those "hogs" on every voyage and itinerary. If it becomes an issue, just do as we do - move the towels.

Archived