WooooHoooo Big Time Upgrade Fairy Yesterday!

millerboy88

We ae sailing in a couple of weeks on the Dream. I had noticed last Friday that our room (Cove Balcony) on Deck 2 was significantly lower than what I paid a year ago when I booked. I call Carnival and they told me to fill out the price reduction form online and sent it in. I did that and it was denied because all of the cove balconies were sold out. I call Carnival again after that and they told me I could Upgrade to Deck 6 Balcony instead of getting an onboard cedit, and to fill the form oput again clicking on "Upgrade" instead of "On board Credit". Well, I did that and it was denied because Deck 6 Balconies were sold out. Getting a little frustrated, I called again telling Carnival that my request was denied again, and that my room would be $180.00 cheapwer now than what I paid a year ago, and would like to have some type of credit since all my request were getting denied. She put me on hold for about 15 minutes, then came back on the phone and offered me a DECK 9 Midship Balcony plus a $40.00 per person OBC!!! WoooHooo, Thanks Melanie at Carnival!!! You were awesome to work with!!!

:p

We ae sailing in a couple of weeks on the Dream. I had noticed last Friday that our room (Cove Balcony) on Deck 2 was significantly lower than what I paid a year ago when I booked. I call Carnival and they told me to fill out the price reduction form online and sent it in. I did that and it was denied because all of the cove balconies were sold out. I call Carnival again after that and they told me I could Upgrade to Deck 6 Balcony instead of getting an onboard cedit, and to fill the form oput again clicking on "Upgrade" instead of "On board Credit". Well, I did that and it was denied because Deck 6 Balconies were sold out. Getting a little frustrated, I called again telling Carnival that my request was denied again, and that my room would be $180.00 cheapwer now than what I paid a year ago, and would like to have some type of credit since all my request were getting denied. She put me on hold for about 15 minutes, then came back on the phone and offered me a DECK 9 Midship Balcony plus a $40.00 per person OBC!!! WoooHooo, Thanks Melanie at Carnival!!! You were awesome to work with!!!

Have a wonderful cruise

I do, too. You went from cove to midship? Correct? I thought the coves were more special?

7A are usually cheaper than 8A... so special is what people are willing to pay to me. Id take $80 OBC plus a regular balcony that costs more.

On cunard the cove balconys are selling often for as little as a OV, people dont want a low deck with a metal in hull balcony ... Carnival folks love them because they are still new. Some dont mind being on the low deck ..but I read someone yesterday who said they didnt like deck 2. they wouldnt rebook a cove.

Archived