Sheraton On Seabreeze Boulevard-Ft. Lauderdale

trishhersh

Stayed there last month. Great Mexican restaurant on premises but you need a ressie to keep the wait under an hour. Ridiculous when you are just arriving, The Bahia Cabana restaurant across the street had great food nice key west outdoor atmosphere.

We were at Bahia Cabana last night. We felt like we were on vacation in Key West. It was very busy but we found a table quickly and the service and food were good. I had fresh blackened mahi mahi. The DJ played great music, mostly from the 60s-80s. The bar area was busy too. My DH had never been there in the evening and he was so excited and can't wait to go back to try the huge fried fish sandwich that he saw go by. It's nearly a mile walk to the main strip but it is a very pleasant walk. Along the way you will pass the Bier Brunnen down an alley...it has the largest selection of draft imports in the area. Just across Las Olas Blvd is the Elbo Room which is the only original spring break bar left. They often have small live rock bands. Finally there is Beach Place, where you will find 3 levels of bars with beach views (Lulu's, Fat Tuesdays, Hooters, etc)

I was reading about either the Southport Raw Bar or the 15th Street Fishery ... can you walk/bus to them? Is there a better local seafood place?

Any thing two 40 year old ladies should not miss ... we're ready to go have a few drinks and see a band or something ... no men, no kids, leaving for a 4 day cruise after FLL!

I was reading about either the Southport Raw Bar or the 15th Street Fishery ... can you walk/bus to them? Is there a better local seafood place?

Any thing two 40 year old ladies should not miss ... we're ready to go have a few drinks and see a band or something ... no men, no kids, leaving for a 4 day cruise after FLL!

These are too far to walk to. You can take a bus or shuttle most of the way or a taxi would cost about $10. You can take the water taxi from across the street and a block north directly to 15th St. Fisheries. Coconuts is great and you can walk there from the hotel. It's right on a marina.

You shouldn't miss Las Olas Blvd downtown. You can get there by water taxi, cab, bus, or Suntrolley. It's all less than 3 miles from the hotel. There are boutiques, galleries, and restaurants/bars. It attracts a "more mature" (mostly 30-70) crowd, so it's not a very late night place. Mangos has great bands and moderately priced dining. Rocco's Tacos has a cool young vibe. Solita is a nightclub/restaurant (pricey). Vibe and YOLO are west of there and are great for people watching. I think there are bands at the Briney Pub at Las Olas Riverfront. The crowds at the rest of that complex are very young/late night.

We opted for the Southport Raw Bar...and wish we had gone to 15th Street Fishery. The conch fritters were very greasy and dense, the medium hot chicken wings had minimal sauce, DH had cajun shrimp over rice (a special) which was good. I had the fried grouper sandwich (also a special) It was delivered AFTER my husband had finished his entree. When we asked about it, we were told it came from a different kitchen. When initially I saw the price of $9.50, I thought that was reasonable for a fish sandwich. However, it was served without french fries, chips or any side. That definitely changed the value of the sandwich to expensive. The quality was just ok.

The decor is very funky, the place kind of dark and had a grimy appearance. After lunch DH and I agreed we should have turned around and walked right out. Could have been a one off experience...YMMV:(

Archived