Tours of Alaska

blitznbobs

Hi,

We're in the process of planning a trip to Canada and Alaska next year and joining the two ends of the vacation with a cruise (Probably on Princess but not decided yet) - I've read the itineries for cruise tours that are offered and I'm left a little uninspired... Are there any private tour companies that offer more interesting tours of the wildlife in Alaska or are we better off sticking with princess for the whole lot.

Thanking you in advance

Bx

I am assuming you are referring to cruisetours, and the interior Alaska travel portion??

There are Alaska companies that will arrange these tours, listings http://www.anchorage.net

It is also SIMPLE to go independent with a rental car, which will offer you the most important thing- freedom. :) Two "must do" jackpot wildlife areas are Kenai Fjords and Denali Park. Princess goes to Whittier, all the more reason to go independent to allow time in Seward. :) TIME is the most important factor with Interior Alaska tours, go for as long as you can afford. :)

Going independent can also have significant savings with purchased coupon books. They can be much more difficult to fully take advantage of, when on a tour, however.

Archived