best pools/splash areas for kids (4-6) ... which cruise line/ship

PSU Paul

Disney (especially the newest ship, has a really cool slide). Royal Caribbean's Oasis or Freedom class ships have splash areas and the Flowrider surf machine. NCL Epic has a cool splash zone area with fun sculptures, but it seems like it's more fun to look at than to play in, IMO.

Carnival with the Waterworks upgrade is fantastic. We were on the Carnival Fascination last year after it was rennovated. Simply awesome, but was closed one day at sea due to rough waters. Bummer. We've been on Disney, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity as well. Going on Princess next week. Carnival's splash area and water slides beat them all, even on the older ship. But the new Disney Dream appears to have some pretty cool water features (the Water Duck, etc.).

We just got off a Carnival ship yesterday with the upgraded WaterWorks. It was awesome for my 2 and 4 year old. There's small water slides, splash zones, dump buckets. My four year old also enjoyed the pool this time, but preferred the smaller water slides.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. We just got off the Dream. The Aquaduck was really fun but I wanted to comment that the pools were very small and extremely crowded....to the point of being dangerous. Nemo's splash pad was for the very young children. My 5 year old was bored in 5 minutes.

The pools were our only real complaint of this amazing ship though. It is just gorgeous and very kid friendly.

T.

Carnival waterworks is amazing. They have a splash area with minature water slides for toddlers/younger kids and medium size ones for older kids then large ones for big kids/adults. They have racing slides, corkscrew slides etc. My kids age 5 and 2 loved that area. It really was amazing and had something for all ages.

My kids really loved the Carnival waterworks last year at ages 4 and 6, then again this year at ages 5 and 7. I thought that the waterworks were the perfect size for them. I was able to sit and relax and watch them have fun w/o constantly having to worry about them, help them, etc. The slides however were big enough that when we wanted to join in w/ them for some family fun the adults could participate no problem. The slides were the perfect size for them to not be too scared but also not get bored.

Archived