4 ppl/room on the Dream

cruisegirl91

Hi,

I'm thinking about booking a cabin on the Dream and there are 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 7 and 10). I'm wondering what my options are with cabin types if I want to keep all people in the same room. I'd prefer a balcony, but if there's going to be a huge difference in price, I'd consider an inside. Can anyone tell me what my options are?? And is there much difference in price when it comes to types of bedding in the cabins? I tried looking on the Carnival site, but I can't get any exact prices. No matter which room I pick, it's telling me that there are accomodation restrictions and that the fare may change. Help please??!!

Thanks! :o

Use a TA site then, that is easier to figure out what they mean.

Dont worry about the warnings, if you plan on putting 4 in a cabin, it means they might move you if you cancel someone.

You can book insides, OVs or balconys ... and yes to me, there is a pretty big jump to a balcony price from inside price if you are on a budget.

PS look on the deck plans at the choices offered, and the deck plans will tell you which beds are in the cabins they offer you.

For instance with a inside ...there will always be two upper bunks for the two kids. That is the only choice with this category on Dream.

Here is a photo of our 4 person balcony room on the Dream. The two singles can be made into a king. The balcony room is especially nice to have with 4 people because it gives you a bit more space, and having the view and fresh air makes it less claustrophobic.

IMG_2924.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

Balconies are really fabulous for obvious reasons, however, they can also be quite expensive.. Depending on when you sail, deck, location, category & in comparison to inside cabins.

That being said, I'd look into the Deluxe Oceanview cabins. That's what I have booked for my upcoming cruise on the Dream. It has two bathrooms, which could be more handy for a group of four people rather than a balcony..

I agree with the previous poster. Those deluxe oceanview rooms are fantastic for parties of 4 (or 5). An inside on the Dream will be a small room, especially for 4. We did 3 in an inside, and it wasn't bad, but 4 would've been too tight! One of those deluxe oceanview rooms are 230 sq.ft, by comparison to 185 (actually closer to 175) with an inside. The balcony rooms (like in the pictures here) are 185 sq.ft. indoors, plus a 35 sq.ft. balcony. That's a total of 220. The deluxe oceanview rooms actually give you more space than that, at 230.

Thanks so much everyone!! Yes, that extra space in the Deluxe OV cabin would be helpful! So, it's gonna be between the OV and the balcony with the bunks. Don't think I wanna try an inside with 4 people. The balcony room looks lovely too...thanks for the pics!! If I'm this excited about picking a stateroom, I can't imagine how excited I'll be when I actually get on the ship!!

Thanks again everyone!! :D

LizzieTrowbridge, if you don't mind, what was your cabin number on the Dream? And which deck were you on? I'm just wondering so I can look up the room description. Thanks!!

We were on the port side of deck 7 aft in room 7406 here are some pics of the view from the balcony

IMG_2481.jpg

IMG_2253.jpg

IMG_2921.jpg

and on the last sea day they set up the BBQ just below our room-it smelled great!

IMG_2863.jpg

Deck 7 was a great spot-a few flights up to lido and a few flights down to deck 5 where there was a lot going on. We preferred the aft pool to the main pool area, which was usually very busy and loud so a cabin near the back made for easy access to the aft pool. I would book this room again-we loved it!

Thanks for that! There have actually been some changes in the last couple of days, and there will be no kids cruising with us now. Just 4 couples, my sister and myself! Waiting to hear back from my TA on getting 5 balcony cabins in a row on the verandah deck! Hopefully this won't be a problem booking this early. I would have been fine with any deck, but there are a couple of light sleepers in our group. Seeing as how the verandah deck is between decks with just cabins, I figured this would be the one to go with!

Hi,

I'm thinking about booking a cabin on the Dream and there are 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 7 and 10). I'm wondering what my options are with cabin types if I want to keep all people in the same room. I'd prefer a balcony, but if there's going to be a huge difference in price, I'd consider an inside. Can anyone tell me what my options are?? And is there much difference in price when it comes to types of bedding in the cabins? I tried looking on the Carnival site, but I can't get any exact prices. No matter which room I pick, it's telling me that there are accomodation restrictions and that the fare may change. Help please??!!

Thanks! :o

We were on the Dream last April with our 2 girls who 6 and 10 there was definatly enough room. We had a balcony room..The girls had their own beds, the couch converted to a bed and the pull down bunk was the other..And I belive ours was a king? Not sure, but there was enough room.. I belive not all room have the pull down bunk option...Let me see if I can get a pic up...

Archived