Nassau Segway Tour - Thoughts?

mslindz

We're going on our first cruise in May and I've been looking at things to do in the different ports we'll be visiting. Reading these boards has been a lot of help in the planning process and I've mostly been looking at relatively inexpensive things to do while in each port and planning on booking any excursions on our own.

Anyhow, I came across Bahamas Segway Tours http://www.bahamassegwaytours.com/ and we're thinking of doing this one while in port. Has anyone done this tour before? What did you think of it? Was it worth the cost? This is the only one I've came across, but if there are others, I'd love to hear about them and your experience!

We have done a Segway tour locally (Cincinnati, OH, some parts paved, some grass areas we rode through) and it was a lot of fun, so we're familiar with how they work/how to ride them, just wondering how this might compare being on an island and what kind of areas we'd be going through.

Thanks! :)

We did this tour last year and had a fantastic time. It is about a 30-minute van ride out to the site, which is on a private property. The Segway trail is a horse trail so it is a bit bumpy and you have to avoid the gifts left by the horses. :) You ride along a waterway and end up at a secluded, natural beach. If you do a search on the board, you will find a review I did last year including pictures. The Segway website pictures will also give you a good idea about the terrain.

It's a fun tour and the guides are great. I'm definitely recommend it.

I have done the Segways in Nassau 2X....Bahamas Segway are great....good people....they are currently rated #1 of things to do in Nassau.....already booked them again for June....do not hesitate.

How long is their tour? We are only in port from 7 am til 1 pm

How long is their tour? We are only in port from 7 am til 1 pm

They generally run about 3-3.5 hrs total. As long as it's not on a Tuesday or Sunday you should be fine with the 8:30 time slot.....Tues and Sun the earliest pick-up is 9:30.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We had a great time on the tour! Our guides were very friendly and shared a lot of information about the area they do the tour on as well as things about Nassau. This ended up being the only excursion we did during our cruise and overall, it was a good experience.

Glad I took a chance on booking something outside of what the cruise ship offered!

I sure hope the new company does not start you out where the other company did. We took a cab to the Wyndham resort and the cabbie took a "shortcut" thru a not so nice area and happened to point out the segway tour "training" prior to going out on the streets. They were about 3-4 blocks deep into an area I would not want to be in. No wonder they were robbed. Just do your homework on the new people. From what I am reading it looks like a good tour... Just be aware.

We had a great time on the tour! Our guides were very friendly and shared a lot of information about the area they do the tour on as well as things about Nassau. This ended up being the only excursion we did during our cruise and overall, it was a good experience.

Glad I took a chance on booking something outside of what the cruise ship offered!

Thanks. I am thinking of booking through them as well:)

The Bahamas Segway tour is an off road experience. You practice in a large area where you begin, then head off on trails through woods to a beach and then back. It was very safe and we felt extremely comfortable throughout the whole experience. Well worth the cost, for sure!!

Archived