Travelling on points and cancelling

hugsthecat

I recently had a problem with booking on points and then having to cancel.I had an existing policy to cover cancellation and medical .However unless you have special coverage the insurance company will not give you either the dollar value of your tickets or arrange to re-imburse you the points.

I booked two airline tickets using points on Visa card. I called the travel center of the credit card company and booked. They asked if I had insurance and I replied "yes". I didn't know that points were not covered and they failed to tell me that. We have now had to cancel and the insurance company will cover the cost of the cruise, hotels etc.. BUT NOT WHAT I "PAID" ON POINTS.

So brcareful when you use points and make sure that you are covered.

Michael

I recently had a problem with booking on points and then having to cancel.I had an existing policy to cover cancellation and medical .However unless you have special coverage the insurance company will not give you either the dollar value of your tickets or arrange to re-imburse you the points.

I booked two airline tickets using points on Visa card. I called the travel center of the credit card company and booked. They asked if I had insurance and I replied "yes". I didn't know that points were not covered and they failed to tell me that. We have now had to cancel and the insurance company will cover the cost of the cruise, hotels etc.. BUT NOT WHAT I "PAID" ON POINTS.

So brcareful when you use points and make sure that you are covered.

Michael

See this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1384172

Archived