October Weather

holytoad

Hi everyone! I'm going on my honeymoon on the Royal Caribbean, Explorer of the Seas, to the Western Caribbean. It's on the 9th of October, and everyone keeps warning us about hurricanes and what-not. Can any of you attest to the weather conditions in that area in October? Thanks so much!

When we did our Caribbean cruises (2 Western and 1 Eastern), it was around the 25th of October and we have never had any problems, rough seas for one day, but nothing to stop us from playing bingo on the final day;) . The weather in the Caribbean around that time of year is wonderful, in the 70-80's when leaving Florida and it only gets warmer as you get sailing. We have cruised on The Explorer twice and it is a huge ship and you will have a wonderful time.

Hurricane season is through November and you never know what is going to happen, but I don't think the cruiselines will put you or their ships in harms way.

The Explorer is a very large ship, you probably won't feel it at all. The only time we have ever felt the ship rock, was on our first cruise on The Enchantment and the captain had told us we were going to have rough seas. It lasted most of the day (the last day of the cruise), but it wasn't too bad. Take some bodine or dramamine with you, just in case, I still have mine from the first cruise, since it doesn't expire until 2006.

Lots of things to do, see and all of the ports we have gone to have been great.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously you can never know what weather is going to do.

We sailed last October on the 15th and the hurricanes just kept coming and coming up until about two weeks before.Then it calmed down and we had absolutely beautiful weather.

Just be prepared in case things go sour.

Here's hoping you have the same luck we did and the storm fairy leaves you alone.

Ive got my first cruise booked for October 16th. Going to Belize, Cozumel, Roatan and Playa Del Carman. So the water will still be warm enough to snorkel in correct? Im excited about this cruise. Cant make up my mind on what exscursions to take, through whom and at which ports.

Archived