Freedom helipad accessible via wheelchair?

ryano

Just wondering if I can get to the helipad on FOS in my wheelchair.:confused::)

This was virtually impossible on the Radiance. Just way too many stairs involved.

I would like two specific pictures taken with my camera by me from the helipad. I realize its probably real windy when cruising but it seems like a cool place for sailaway or when pulling into port.

Do I need to just accept the fact that the helipad is not accessible via wheelchair on any RCCI ship? Im perectly ok with that :) I just really want to go out there but if it cant be done then it cant be done.

Thanks!

This was virtually impossible on the Radiance. Just way too many stairs involved.

I would like two specific pictures taken with my camera by me from the helipad. I realize its probably real windy when cruising but it seems like a cool place for sailaway or when pulling into port.

Do I need to just accept the fact that the helipad is not accessible via wheelchair on any RCCI ship? Im perectly ok with that :) I just really want to go out there but if it cant be done then it cant be done.

Thanks!

Sorry, the helipad on the Freedom is not wheelchair accessible. I don't think any of the helipads on Royal's ships are wheelchair accessible. It might be something that you could suggest to Royal Caribbean.

Your question indicated that it might not be possible if there were two many steps, are you able to leave your wheelchair and navigate any stairs? You should be able to access the outside area of deck five through the lounge at the front of deck five. You could move to the front of the ship where you would need to go up about 5 steps to the helipad. Good Luck

If you are in a suite ask the concierge to help arrange a special trip out there, or ask via guest relations. They can get wheeled items out at least to the final set of steps...and if you ask nicely, perhaps they will take you there via the crew only areas where an elevator ride etc...will get you just about right onto the pad.

Best of luck on snapping the pictures yourself...hopefully the crew will help you make it work.

Thanks!

I think you can get most of the way to the front of the ship, however I don't think you can get access to the helipad without encountering stairs.

If you go to the Pyramid Lounge and as you enter the main room, on the Starboard side of the lounge is a door which leads you outside at deck 5 level. Turn left out of this door and this brings you to the front of the ship.

Archived