Taking alcohol on board

treklyn

Norwegian Line What is the procedure of taking alcohol on board, can it be in the luggage?

Or do you carry on and pay corkage, how much is corkage?

Treklyn:confused:

Neither -- NCL makes a lot of money selling drinks, so they do not let you bring liquor on board. They might permit wine - at $15 per bottle "corkage"

You can not bring liquor onboard. You can bring wine and pay $15 corkage for each.

However, you can order liquor prior to boarding. It is called a bar setup. It will seem expensive ($63 for Seagram) but well worth it. It does not come with mixers so you would need to provide (we carried on our own soda). You need to email or call - do a search on the NCL board and it was give all the detail

Be sure to check the size of the bottle they sell you. You might get a very expensive 375ml bottle as opposed to a merely expensive 750ml bottle.

And you could consider more lenient lines such as Princess for future cruises. I don't have a list (wish I did) of actual policies and as enforced policies of all the major cruise lines.

Be sure to check the size of the bottle they sell you. You might get a very expensive 375ml bottle as opposed to a merely expensive 750ml bottle.

And you could consider more lenient lines such as Princess for future cruises. I don't have a list (wish I did) of actual policies and as enforced policies of all the major cruise lines.

Nearly all of the bottles on NCL's bar setup menu are 1 liter. Yes, still expensive--no question about it. But better than if they were 750 ml. The convenience of making a drink and enjoying it on the balcony? (Almost) priceless.

Quick question for you also. We've not cruised with Princess in nearly 20 years, but are considering them for our next cruise. What is their policy on liquor and wine? I thought they didn't allow liquor at all (no bar setup, and no onboard consumption of duty free), but they do allow one bottle of wine per passenger. If they've changed the policy, it would be terrific because we will not (try to) sneak alcohol onboard. We'll suck it up (so to speak) and buy one drink at a time if that's our option. Anyway, it won't actually be a factor in our decision, but it's good to know for planning. Thanks.

beachchick

You can not bring liquor onboard. You can bring wine and pay $15 corkage for each.

However, you can order liquor prior to boarding. It is called a bar setup. It will seem expensive ($63 for Seagram) but well worth it. It does not come with mixers so you would need to provide (we carried on our own soda). You need to email or call - do a search on the NCL board and it was give all the detail

Wow, that is high. I was pleasantly surprised on HAL a couple of months ago - I ordered a bottle of Stoli for the room, which came with two cans of tonic for only about $30. HAL also allowed us to carry wine on board.

Wow, that is high. I was pleasantly surprised on HAL a couple of months ago - I ordered a bottle of Stoli for the room, which came with two cans of tonic for only about $30. HAL also allowed us to carry wine on board.

While the price does seem high it was a liter bottle. DH also ordered drinks from bar and a 7&7 was about $6.50 with tip. So, it was the cost of about 10 drinks. We made a lot more than 10 drinks from that bottle and the convenience of making drinks in our room and how we like them was well worth the cost.

Was it a liter bottle on HAL? When we were on the Pride of America in 2007 we got a small bottle (maybe 375ml) and a 6 pack of soda for $35.

While the price does seem high it was a liter bottle. DH also ordered drinks from bar and a 7&7 was about $6.50 with tip. So, it was the cost of about 10 drinks. We made a lot more than 10 drinks from that bottle and the convenience of making drinks in our room and how we like them was well worth the cost.

Was it a liter bottle on HAL? When we were on the Pride of America in 2007 we got a small bottle (maybe 375ml) and a 6 pack of soda for $35.

We were just on the Eurodam last week, and a liter of Bacardi and 3 cans of coke were about $35.00. I think it was a good deal and was more then enough for us for the week.

Archived