Caribbean Princess Balcony Differences?

CruisinKen7

Guys,

First time Cruiser here (complete newbie) and I have a question about the room we will be in. I’m a bit confused on the different prices for Balconies.

Our TA gave us a BB Balcony on the Riveria deck, deck 14, mid ship.

Our TA said that this would be a great room for first timers. Does that seem accurate?

I know there are prices differences with difference Balconies, but what are the differences? Is it just room size and location?

Thanks

We had a balcony on Baja deck, aft, it was great, I'm not sure about Riviera but I can tell you , you want a covered balcony..Our's was, but the people on the two deck below us, we could see down into all of their balconies so I wouldnt recommend those (Decks 9 & 10). You either want to be midship or aft, you will feel less motion..

Here's a thread that discusses this deck and perhaps the category you are in.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1199982&highlight=bb+riveria

I personally wouldn't want to be on Riveria deck due to potential noise but some people love this deck as it is close to everything. I would suggest Aloha or Baja deck - both with covered balconies. We prefer category BD on Baja deck which is forward - i don't feel any movement but there is a lot of discrepancy over which areas have more/less movement. Our friends had a room on Caribe deck near the aft and I felt more motion in their room than ours, so I dono the right answer to that!

Our TA said that this would be a great room for first timers. Does that seem accurate?

Hello and welcome to CC...

One thing you should be aware of when booking a balcony cabin is that those located on Caribe deck have the largest balconies of any regular cabin on the ship at about 9'x9'. The balcony for the cabin you're booked in is about 9'x5'. The interior of the cabin will be the same as other regular (non-suite) cabins. The balconies on Carib deck are half covered so you can be out in the sun or in the shade as you desire.

Our preference is a cabin from about mid-ship toward the aft end for the smoothest ride.

You can book a BB category cabin on Caribe deck at the same price as you're paying for one on Riviera. I would suggest you take a look at the deck plan as BB cabins on Caribe deck are located forward and aft. I would suggest an aft cabin; we find their location most convenient and the ride smooth.

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

Guys,

First time Cruiser here (complete newbie) and I have a question about the room we will be in. I’m a bit confused on the different prices for Balconies.

I know there are prices differences with difference Balconies, but what are the differences? Is it just room size and location?

Thanks

Your cabin will be under the pool area which would not be my preference. I just did a quick search and see that the BB cabin on Caribe C219 is available. If you can switch to this one, your balcony will be 1 1/2 times large for the same $$$ and also half open and half covered. The best of both worlds.

Your cabin will be under the pool area which would not be my preference. I just did a quick search and see that the BB cabin on Caribe C219 is available.

True, there is a chance you'll be subjected to noise from the pool area on Riviera deck. You'll find any cabin on Carib much quieter.

In addition to C219...C742, which would be my choice, is also available. Either would be better than your cabin on Riviera IMHO.

Lew

True, there is a chance you'll be subjected to noise from the pool area on Riviera deck. You'll find any cabin on Carib much quieter.

In addition to C219...C742, which would be my choice, is also available. Either would be better than your cabin on Riviera IMHO.

Lew

LOL Lew. I didn't mention 742 because I don't like it all the way back there. :D

Pia... You haven't lived until you've sailed in an aft cabin on Caribe deck! :rolleyes:

Lew

You'll have to talk Mike into doing that first. We like to be forward; closer to the gym in the AM. I also like to be forward; longer walk to find food. ;) Mike will find food whereever it is. :rolleyes:

It isn't on the deck plan but we all know from cruising these ships/similar ships before. Baja is totally covered on the Caribbean Princess. You can look down on half of the caribe deck balconies (they are half covered, half uncovered) and look down on the entire Dolphin deck balconies as Dolphin deck's are totally uncovered. Baja decks are smaller but totally covered. I don't mind the size.

It isn't on the deck plan but we all know from cruising these ships/similar ships before. Baja is totally covered on the Caribbean Princess. You can look down on half of the caribe deck balconies (they are half covered, half uncovered) and look down on the entire Dolphin deck balconies as Dolphin deck's are totally uncovered. Baja decks are smaller but totally covered. I don't mind the size.

Thank you for the help. Balcony size won't matter to us as this is our first balcony room - I had to rebook our vacation but it turned out fortunate because I could get balconies for less than the OV's I had booked on another line/date range.

So we are just totally psyched to get the balconies

I just quickly scanned the posts, so I apologize for not reading all of them. Someone mentioned the Caribe balconies already. They are awesome, huge, and half-covered. I have pictures if you are interested.

It is personal preference I guess, it seems that a lot of people liked Caribe balconies, I myself would not want one because from Baja balconies I could look right down inside them...that may not be a big deal for you?

It is personal preference I guess, it seems that a lot of people liked Caribe balconies, I myself would not want one because from Baja balconies I could look right down inside them...that may not be a big deal for you?

We just came off a 29 day cruise on the Star, having had a Caribe balcony. Either the days were too cold or too hot to actually sit in the exposed area, so that when we were on the balcony it was always undercover. Nobody I know would turn down a Caribe, since it's the best of both worlds.

People above can only see half of your Caribe balcony. Since it's so deep and half of it is covered, you can sit out in the sun (exposed) to the upper decks, or you can hide out under the overhang where no one else can see you. We really loved having the roof cover on the especially hot days...we sat in the shade and watched the Caribbean go by. Nice.

I myself would not want one because from Baja balconies I could look right down inside them...that may not be a big deal for you?

Try to get over thinking those above you are looking down on your balcony.

We almost always book a Caribe deck balcony cabin and never look down on those below us. It's just not that interesting. Think about it...do you spend a lot of time looking at people on other balconies?

There are very few balconies on a ship that are truly private.

Lew

Archived